1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way back from a lunch meeting, I figured I'd stop by a gunshop that is normally way out of my way just to see what they had. (We all know how these trips turn out...) To make a long story short, I found a 99% Custom II with Rosewood double diamond stocks for a cool $525 out the door. Trigger pull is crisp, and in the 3.5 pound range with no creep. It was so nice, I had to buy it. (Really, honey, I HAD to--that will be my story later today....)

Now I can stop lurking, and start posting. I'll give a range report once I clean it and give it a spin.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
kpmtns said:
.... I found a 99% Custom II with Rosewood double diamond stocks for a cool $525 out the door.
Kevin,
That is definitely a very good deal! Think of all the ammo you can buy with the savings.:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the awesome find. I just got my Custom II today too. I can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If it came with Kimber mags (or worse yet only 1)... do yourself a favor and get some good mags for it. Great gun, rotten factory mags.

I'm using McCormicks and love them.. others swear by Wilsons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got to the range after work today to run 100 rounds of 230g FMJ Blazer thru it. Bottom line, I love it! No hiccups of any kind. Trigger is crisp. At 25 feet, I had no problem keeping all in an inch to an inch and a quarter (center to center) offhand. Unfortunately, I pulled or flinched one in each group about midway thru each magazine. Usually six were in one ragged hole, and one that I would call had a quarter inch to a half an inch of paper between it an the main group.

I have been looking at Baers and other semi customs, but think I'll stop now. This is a real keeper (and with the factory mag, too).

·
Registered
9 Posts
My new HD 2 arrived at the local gun-shop today. Upon finishing the paper-work, I emptyed-out the plastic case it came in, only to find one magazine, which was in the gun. Also included was a padlock, nice touch! I will gladly trade Kimber the lock for another clip :D .

Kodiakk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Consider yourself lucky. I didnt get a lock with mine, just one factory mag. You would think that a company with such a fine product would not be so cheap as to only give one mag. And even worse....the one mag they send you has a 50/50 chance of being worth a ****. I guess you've gotta take the bad with the good like anything else. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts