1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they didn't replace the gun. Instead they replaced the slide and barrel. The slide is almost flat now. However they did not replace the frame which is also warped. They told me it isn't, I figure, since it would cost too much for them to give me a decent one. Well if the the slide, which looked just like the frame, wasn't warped as well why did they replace it?

Instead of replacing the frame they refinished it, which didn't help any. Actually it's worse now. They did a piss poor job of polishing. It looks half finished so the grain on the frame and slide is raised and very visible. Also, I don't know what they did, but the edge above the trigger is rounded now instead of being strait making the profile look odd. I didn't ask for this nor the repolishing.

Enough is enough. I'm going to call them and insist they replace the frame. I didn't spend seven freaking weeks waiting for a half ass job. And to anyone who says SA puts out a good product, you should see my gun.

[This message has been edited by sean (edited 10-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by LW McVay (edited 10-30-2001).]

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I'd like to see a picture of that "warped" slide...I can use it for an article I'm writing...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by FLSi:
Silly me, I thought guns were for shooting!

I'll let Wilson and Bauer know what you said. They must be crazy charging two to three times more for their guns that doesn't shoot better much better than lower priced ones. What a silly idea, charging more for higher quality. I guess life is also just about getting from point A to point B, just like cars. Why not live in a communist world where everything is the same and variety and quality is wasteful?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
sean, If I were that unhappy, I think I'd dump the thing and buy something else. We've all been burned at one time or another in the gun arena. Chalk it up to experience and go on down the road. Time would be much better spent on the range shooting a gun you like.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've been trying to keep up with your SA saga, but I may have missed something.

If your slide is not warped, how does it fit on your warped frame?

How did you miss these things when you bought it?

How can I be sure, in the future, to make sure I am getting exactly what I am paying for? I would really hate to buy a totally messed up and ugly gun like yours and get it home and find out I don't like it.

I am sorry you are having a bad experience with SA. I've really thought they treated their customers better. It least the ones they like, apparently.

Oh, have you shot this thing yet?

Please post a pic of this beast.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bummer. Sorry you'e having a difficult time with SA hardware. Try to have a sense of humor though... if we could match that frame with a banana barrel, you could be deadly in urban firefights involving shooting around corners.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by ehenz:
I've been trying to keep up with your SA saga, but I may have missed something.

If your slide is not warped, how does it fit on your warped frame?

How did you miss these things when you bought it?

How can I be sure, in the future, to make sure I am getting exactly what I am paying for? I would really hate to buy a totally messed up and ugly gun like yours and get it home and find out I don't like it.

I am sorry you are having a bad experience with SA. I've really thought they treated their customers better. It least the ones they like, apparently.

Oh, have you shot this thing yet?

Please post a pic of this beast.

I don't know if the inside surface of the gun was warped, since it's surfaces are not polished, but the exterior is warped. It's hard not to miss. I guess with proper fitting the warping issue would not be a factor since friction would flatten out any uneven areas.

I missed this since this is my first 1911. Anyway, the dealer would not allow returns or exhanges. Now that I know what to look for I will not make the same mistake again. I wouldn't mind keeping the gun if the frame was replaced since the rest of the gun seems fine now, but I think I will sell it and just buy a Colt XSE. I did look at one before I bought the Springfield. I remember that the color of it was different and the polish job was first rate. Now that I taking a second look at it, I like the smaller serrations and the more streamlined cuts. I bought the springfield because of the lower price and features. I should have looked at the quality of the gun itself.

I only have 40 rounds through it so far. I haven't shot it yet. It's hard to capture the warp on a scanner.

·
Registered
69 Posts
there goes those damn warping slab sided 1911 slides again!

hell I had 3 slides all warp in 1 week awhile back!

heck, for the hell of it I went and took down my old Colt and looked that slide over really well. Heck, I couldn't imagine it ever warping!

the Slide AND the frame warped? dang, did you sit on it or something? they are machined seperately, and to both warp, but still fit together would be an amazing feat!

Cast and milled steel doesn't warp well, it tends to just break.

good luck with whatever gun you decide on in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts