1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I love it!!! :D

Couldn't be happier with everything, feels like I just got a brand new pistol!!! :D Turn around was very fast, and the price very reasonable.

I have gotten it for two days now and I am still finding little new details about the pistol. Attached please find some pictures of my new Kimber. I apologize for the quality, I live close to schools and taking pictures in bright day light is impossible, and I don't have a good light setup yet. I am hoping that Chuck will be able to send me pictures he took of the pistol soon, then I'll post them again :)

Please excuse me for posting one picture at a time, I don't know how to attach more than one picture, if anyone can enlighten me on that it'd be great! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

By the way, the grips are Desert Ironwood, made by Scott Sensing. Chuck also mirror polished the slide flats.

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bob!

Can't wait to take it to the range this weekend, will provide a range report when finished. I think I'll take pictures of it wearing my Alumagrips next :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
That looks fantastic; I love the new grip safety and thumb safety. Very skillfully installed and customized, nice touches all around. I believe it is the often-overlooked little touches that add up to make a truly great custom 1911 and pistolwrench does them all. Ho hum for pistolwrench I’m sure but great eye candy for the rest of us. Thanks for the good show pklin.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks TGR...

It feels great to know that I have a "personalized" 1911 and not a factory copy...

Now I can join the Pistolwrench club, and the 1911 custom owner's club, if there is such a thing :D

·
Super Moderator
13,411 Posts
Very nice blaster, congratulations.

·
Registered
769 Posts
pklin,

Very nice gun. Beautiful grips. What slide stop is that?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sweet!

Someone said the grip's were Scott's but I do not know who that is. I have been looking fer some 1/2 checkered (or less) grips.

So, where did the grips come from (if you don't mind)?

TIA

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello all, thanks for all the kind words!

The grips are made by Scott Sensing on Desert Ironwood I bought from www.arizonaironwood.com. I actually drew the checkering pattern I wanted (what you see now) and gave that to Scott, and you can see the end result now, that man is awesome with grips!

The slide stop is Wilson extended slide stop contoured by me initially and Chuck cleaned it up. Thumb safety is Brown's, with heavy mod. by Chuck to remove all sharp edges and thinner pad. Grip safety is actually a Wilson's beavertail that was put in by a local gunsmith. I decided I didn't like the feel so instead of installing the Brown safety, I just asked Chuck to contour it to feel like the Brown. Now its got the short length of the Wilson safety plus the comfortable contour of the Brown :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice pistol. Hows the extended slide stop work for you? Ive heard they can cause problems. Good job though, let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Very nice!

Be sure to provide us with a range report on your new Rogers piece.

Ross T.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts