1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my new Loaded back to Springfield due to the sight moving under recoil, FTE, and shooting about 3 inches low. After a month the gun was back with a new rear Novak, shorter front post, tuned extractor, and stoned breech face. Did they do a good job? YES! The gun shoots perfectly now. Hole in hole at 15 yards and no more sight movement. I wish it was this way out of the box but they did make it right. My only gripe was they did not reimburse me for the $64 shipping charge. I still may buy that M1A from them after all.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You had to pay for shipping? I didn't, they're paying for it both ways. Do you think it was worth the extra $64 when it should have been near perfect out of the box?

I'm expecting my gun back next week. I expect nothing less than a new gun. A warped gun is unacceptable even if the gun functions properly. I don't care what other people say, Brazilian made guns, and Springfields ARE made in Brazil, are of poor quality, period. When I compare it to a Beretta Elite 2 and Sig 226/220 for the same price, the difference in quality is stark. If Springfield doesn't replace the gun, I'm switching over to a Colt pronto.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Originally posted by sean:
I don't care what other people say, Brazilian made guns, and Springfields ARE made in Brazil, are of poor quality, period

Well I guess you don't (or won't) care what I say then be cause I've got a Springfield Loaded (with the F.I. Brazil stamp on it) and it is NOT poor quality. In fact, I would place the quality of it above Kimber.

....but you don't care so I guess it doesn't matter huh?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sean,

Other than the current experience you are having with springfield, what other factors contribute to your statement that all "Brizilain guns are of poor quaility...period".

Why should I stay away from Spingfields? I was looking into getting a mil spec model.

Thanks, any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
633 Posts
TAMU94 - you need to contact Springfield concerning reimbursement for your $64 shipping charge. I have it in writing (an email from Springfield) that they pay shipping BOTH WAYS for warranty work.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm at somewhat of a loss to figure out why anyone who believes Brazilian made guns are of poor quality would buy one in the first place.

I own two Brazilian-made Springfields and two Brazilian-made Taurus pistols. I will stand next ot anyone on a firing line with a Beretta or Sig and shoot any of them and see how poorly poor quality pistols perform.

------------------
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
Humphrey Bogart
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

·
Registered
333 Posts
I found out about the real quality after I bought it. I fell for the hype that Springfield's Brazilian made guns are OK since the company is owned by americans. I swear that the hypers are SA paid employees. Did I say that Brazilian made guns don't shoot strait? Quality means workmanship. Functionality and reliability is different. Anybody have a good reason why SA make their guns in Brazil? They are trying to increase their profit margin and market share at the same time.

A silver fork and a plastic one will accomplish the same task. A Pinto and a Ferrari will go from point A to point B. The difference in price and desirability is due to the higher quality and the people who made them. I'm saying that Springfields are Pintos, hence they should be priced like one. When were the Brazilians ever known for their quality of their metal works?

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
The company I work for makes the same product in Brazil and in America as well as several other major industrial nations. Are the Brazilian ones inherently worse. Can't Brazilian people be trained to produce quality?

I'll give you a hint. American work ethic is not the best for quality, always.

------------------
"I don't want to use a 2 million dollar bomb to bomb a 10 dollar tent and hit a camel in the ass. . ."

·
Registered
257 Posts
Maybe it's because my guns end up looking like crap after about a month anyway, but I place reliability WAY over appearance. If your gun isn't holster worn and the bluing gone on all the contact points for your hand you haven't handled it enough anyway
. As for Springfields being Pintos, you've obviously never handled a good old Made in America new Colt. Quality, fit and finish, and especially the triggers on the couple I've messed with were WAY below my Springfield. All this for about $200 more than I can get a Springfield for. Just because something is mad in the U.S. doesn't mean it's automaticly superior(anybody rather have an AMT Hardballer than a Springfield? Didn't think so).

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
Ditto on that no AMT sediment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my shipping refund check in the mail. I was just getting ready to call Springfield. Either they read minds or monitor this forum!

I'm happy now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts