1911Forum banner

Got my New CQB today!

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Tim Burke 
#1 ·
My Wislon CQB came in today...man what a pistol! This thing is everything that a no nonsense carry pistol should be. No sharp edges, good sights[ w/ correct point of aim!], GREAT trigger [crisp 3.75 lbs], excellent checkering, well fitted parts, great finish. I'm thrilled. I only had time before dark to put 100 rounds through the gun, with no hiccups. 50 S&B ball and 50 HydroShoks. They chewed the target dot out of the cardboard backer I was using.

Man, this slide to frame fit is unbelievable. Tighter than my old Premier II, tighter than my Brown Custom was. I upgraded some of the small parts, the tool steel hammer and sear, the bullet-proof slide-stop and extractor, and the "wedge style" mainspring. Oh yeah, and some seriously good looking Cocobolo grips.

I really like the way Wilson's sends you a test target[mine was virtually 1 hole] and a checklist that follows the gun through the final assembly and QC. Every operation is checked and signed off on by an employee. Nice details.....so is the pistol bag that the whole package comes in.

Well done Bill!

------------------
Will Fennell
www.camillusknives.com

See less See more
#2 ·
I received my new CQB as well from Terry Peters yesterday. I agree with you on the CQB. I have not shot mine yet, but will this weekend. Mine is totally stock just like the catalog. I put a set of Navidrex black micarta stocks on it (from Brownell) and it looks great. Even more "tactical" looking with the black micarta.

#3 ·
Congratulations you two

Guns and knives Will....... Two things that make me smile

Did you see the Seecamp for sale posting in the Custom forum?

Robe, i don't know how you can do it. Get a gun and not shoot it the same day. When i get a pistol and can't shoot it that day, i get all antsy

Ross T.

#5 ·
Another 300 rounds today.....still no failures. This is getting boring <G>. The only problem with taking the gun to the range is everybody else wants to shoot it.

------------------
Will Fennell
www.camillusknives.com

#7 ·
Actually,
I've been carrying a KZ45 since last spring, and the armor tuff is doing quite well. A little wear around the front of edges of the slide. As much holster time as this gun has had, if it were blued, it would be showing ALOT more wear. If it were chromed, I would have rusted through it by now[ been there, done that].

I have been very pleased with armor tuff so far, but I care more about corrsoion protection than how the finish looks.

------------------
Will Fennell
www.camillusknives.com

#9 ·
I've been shooting my new CQB and lovin it. This gun is so good, it even makes ME look like I know how to shoot. The only thing that caught my eye about my new CQB was the plastic guide rod. Why plastic? Would a metal one be better? Just curious.

#10 ·
I use my CQB for duty and asked one of the Wilson reps about the plastic guide rod, he recommended a steel replacement and sent me one. I had a little over 1,000 rounds on the plastic and it showed no wear but I feel better with the steel in it. One helluva gun overall!

#11 ·
My CQB came with a spare plastic guide rod, which I thought was interesting. I found it hiding in the rug with all the paperwork. Except for scratches from the recoil spring, my original plastic guide rod looks fine as well.

I posted this on the other Free stuff thread. Don't expect your free stuff too soon. They won't send partial orders of the free stuff and they have a couple of the items backordered. Sooner or later, it will come - I was promised.

#13 ·
Son,
I've got 300+ rounds of S&B through mine so far.....no problems at all. The Big Brown Truck just dropped off a 1000 round case of S&B off today, so I'll keep you posted.

BTW, $7.99 a box from NATCHEZ for S&B, you can't beat it!

------------------
Will Fennell
www.camillusknives.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.