1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I could not believe what happened. My dealer called Wilson's on Wedensday and placed my order for a new KZ-45, the salesman said it would be shipped in like 4 to 6 weeks. Guess what, the Wilson arrived the following afternoon. Thats right less than 24 hours later. I could not believe it. My only disappointment is that the pistol did not come with the form to get the Wilson extras. My dealer called Wilson's and they said that the KZ-45 and the Millenium Protector did not come with the extras so they could keep the costs down. I checked my 2001 Wilson Catalog and on page 5 it says "All Wilson Pistols" come with the 11 bonus items. It does not say no extras for the KZ-45 anywhere. So I called Wilson customer service and got a recording so I left a message and hopfully they will call back. Do you guys think I should write to Bill Wilson and see if I can get the extras?
I took the pistol to the range on Friday and it performed flawlessly. I shot 200 rounds without a hitch. It is super accurate and I am very impressed. I just want my darned "EXTRAS".

------------------

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have a Mill.Protector and I have all the extras. As a matter of fact, I have my Wilson ball cap on right now.
Call Wilson again and talk to someone live.
BTW, I took delivery in March of this year.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
V.A. Cop,

Wilson's really good about pleasing his customers, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he sends the extras out; of course, there's no guarantee, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Oh, and welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
V.A.

I would be interested to hear what you find out. I also bought a KZ (May 2001) and was told the same thing. No extras with the KZ or Millennium Protector. I got an email from a John Lahue, however, he really didn't go into any detail as to why they stopped including the little goodies.

------------------
Samual Adams: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." (Convention of the Commonwealth of Mass., 86-87)

·
Registered
984 Posts
I got my KZ about 3 month ago, used, but barely used. The seller still had the Wilson coupon for all the goodies.

On the brighter side, how do you like it? Mine shoots great and has been totally reliable.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't have a catalog...

What are the extras that come w/WC Pistols?

Happy Shooting, Thunder25

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
2001 Wilson Catalog, Page 5, second paragraph:

"11 FREE Bonus Products with Every Pistol."

"Every Wilson Combat custom pistol is delivered to YOU with the following useful products to assure YOUR satisfaction and enjoyment."

"Complete color maintenance manual."
"Disassembly/Assembly of the 1911 auto
video."
"How to Shoot & Maintain your 1911 auto
video."
"Wilson Combat logo ear protectors."
"45 ACP Chamber Cleaning Tool."
"Wilson Combat logo bushing wrench."
"Wilson Combat logo silicone gun cleaning
cloth."
"Ultima-Lube Universal lubricant."
"Wilson Combat embroided logo cap."
"Box of reliable ammunition for your initial
shooting."
"A total of 2 Wilson Combat premium maga-
zines."

Sounds to me like Wilson's customer service department doesn't understand their sales program for 2001.

SamColtFan

[This message has been edited by SamColtFan (edited 06-03-2001).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that I spoke with "Greg" at Wilson's Customer Service and he is sending me my coupon for the Bonus Products. He said my dealer was correct but since the catalog does say every Wilson Pistol, he would send it out. So it looks like everything is going to be O.K. and I am a "Satisfied Customer" of Wilson Combat.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Outstanding, way to go!!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Originally posted by traevin:
VAC,

Glad things worked out for you. Excellent customer service is one of several reasons to buy a Wilson Combat.
And, they make a pretty darn good gun, too!

·
Registered
869 Posts
The only extra I got with mine was the "extra" aggravation of dealing with UPS when I tried to ship my new KZ back to Wilson for repair! I think I'll call them and ask for my "extras" when they ship(hopefully) a properly functioning pistol back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I talked with wilson's and they have change their policy about shipping the goody packagre with Kz pistols, The reason I was told simply to hold costs down.. They are difinetely not shipping ammo with any pistol, I guess like prices things are subject to change. I am sure that if a customer calls and complains about the package they would go ahead and ship the product. Does S&W or KImber or Colt for that matter offer anything free, even advise cost sometimes LOL why don't we complain to them and force them to offer something free!

·
Registered
869 Posts
To be fair to Wilson I received my jamomatic KZ45 back from them today after repair. Put better than 200 rounds through it and not one problem. The gun felt good, looked great and I have to admit shoots more accurate than me. I will now swallow that sour taste I had about my KZ45 and say to Wilson thanks. The turn around was 9 days from drop off to pick up. I know I am going to be happy with this purchase, it just took Wilson a little while to get me to this point. Again, great gun(now) and thanks Wilson for being responsive to my problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts