1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my new pro tact and the finish on the sights looks a little worn, is that normal for the mepo's, also the finish on the feed ramp is worn off ( no anodizing and gun was dirty. Is this all kinda normal or no. also with the kimber mag it will feed all rounds except the last one when feeding by hand, the round is ass up and being pinched in the middle of the caseing, ( sorry i dont know the terms).

any ideas here

also i ordered to mags one les baer and one wilson 47 and one was much shorter then the other and would feed any rounds and the other that was supposed to be a les baer was marked wilson combat on the bumper. does the les baer use wilson bumpers or did my dealer mis package them on accident

please describe what the follower should look like on the wilson 47 and a les baer 7 rounder so i can see which is which

thanks

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Sure! Congrats on your new pistol. The Wilson will have a black plastic baseplate and follower. The Les Baer, depending on who made it, is probably all steel with either a rounded metal follower or an orange plastic one.

All the new Kimbers I've seen have been shipped clean as a whistle. Are you sure your dealer hasn't been playing with it a little too much?

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
The followers on my Les Baer mags (both 7 and 8 rounders) look identical to my Wilson 47D followers. The only difference is on the baseplate. Both are black and look alike but the Wilson has a little step on the front right next to the mag body and the Baer's don't. Other than that, the Baers have round holes to see the rounds and the Wilson has two long slots and one hole.

The mag lips are slightly different also. The front of the lips on my Baers follow the countour of the follower all the way to the front edge of the lips. The Wilson lips are a little flatter and more of the follower can be seen from the side than on the Baers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the mag marked wilson combat on the pad follower is rounded not flat where the other mag that is too short to feed a round is flat

·
Banned
141 Posts
Landser said:
i just got my new pro tact and the finish on the sights looks a little worn, is that normal for the mepo's,
I handled the Pro Tac and noticed the same things, the finish on the sights looked worn more than on my Pro CDP after half year of CCW and shooting ... But it is the condition they come in ... (being on good terms with the dealer, I helped him unpack new guns - exactly like christmas gifts :))

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the other mag tunred out to be a les bear stinger mag is why it was shorter
also i asked about the metal follower issue and the gun smith here said it was due to a un adjusted mag or something like that
would you trust the kimber mag in your pro tact he said it was ok i dont know though

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I had the same problem with the factory mag that came with the gun. It is knotchy and scrathy feeling when I depress the follower manually. I switched to Wilson - 47D model. Problem gone - gun function is now perfect. Accuracy is most excellent! I still have the original mag and don't know what to do with it - I'll never use it!

Model - Kimber Tactical (full size).

best,
Galileo

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have my kimber mag in storage. I think Wilson has a kit to convert it to look like a Wilson.(plastic follower and new spring and baseplate). I think my kimber mag is actually a shooting star mag.

They might be good mags but this one causes several F-t-f. I would have been pissed but a Wilson mag came with the pistol and worked great. I now have two wilsons.

plunker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts