1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my previous posted asked if I should keep my Kimber Compact Aluminium (old model/not series II) or sell it to finance a Pro CDP.

Well, I kept the that Kimber....it too damn nice of a gun to get rid of. I bought a Pro CDP outright.

Here is what I noticed about the CDP.

1. I do not like the stippling on the bottom of the trigger guard. It slows down my draw. I can't wait till it chews enough leather off the holster to make things smooth.

2. The new extractor design is sweet IMO. Its like all the other auto pistols out there....it should to be more durable.

3. She seems pretty stiff. I can't wait to get those rail nice and smooth.

4. The trigger isn't quite as nice as the older Kimber....but expected.

5. The CDP came with a new style mag....well the follower has changed. It appears the second platform that you see on a typical 1911 folower is absent on this mag. There is a piece that wraps downward in the front of the follower to guide the follower and to keep it from moving forward out of it's normal/proper position. The follower is marked "patent pending" and the mag bottom has Kimber on it. I imagine this new follower design has been employed to stop the gouging to aluminum frames from the the orginal style followers. I wonder if the new followers help feed reliability.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Diablo said:
The CDP came with a new style mag....well the follower has changed. It appears the second platform that you see on a typical 1911 folower is absent on this mag. There is a piece that wraps downward in the front of the follower to guide the follower and to keep it from moving forward out of it's normal/proper position.
Is the new follower plastic?

Congrats on the new gun. Good luck with it and glad to see you were able to keep your series I.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh here is another weird thing....

The last four digits of my Compact Aluminium Series I are the same & the last four digits of my new CDP while being different from my series I are also the same. A little interesting I would say.

Humm.....maybe I will have to start a Kimber collection with the each gun having the same digit in each o fthe last 4 numbers of the serial #:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,290 Posts
It was meant to be...
Congratulations. So happy Kimber finally addressed the magazine problem!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts