1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I have to say I am impressed with Kimber, they did not get it right the 1st time but I just got my Tactical Ultra back from the custom shop. All I can say is WOW....

they fired about 200 rounds through it with out any issue they said. I put a 250 rounds through it with out cleaning today. Not one issue at all. the slide seems to be quicker, it ejects with some force.. ( i was kicking shells over the stalls) :rock:

All the problems seem to be solved. I am pleased.

Dathan

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replaced the ext. extractor, reamed and polished the breach face (they found it was to tight)

they also tweeked some other things, It seems to shoot a lot better, feels more crisp. maybe the fact that I am no longer worried about it F'n up.

I am still gunna Fire about a 1000 rounds through it before I carry. If I get even one Malfunction It will be sent back to Kimber and more then prolly sold for a CDP or a SW 1911SC

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ValleyBoy said:
Is sent my Kimber back twice. The second time it came back it had a new internal extractor slide and shot like a dream! I am very pleased with their customer service.

the ~250 or so rounds I put through it felt good. I boubt I'll have a problem,
I was so excited to pick it up at my gun shop i drove right to the local indoor range and shot it with out cleaning it. Denis at the custom shop said he put about 200 rounds though it to make sure it worked as well. so I dont think they cleaned it wither.

I am very pleased with Kimber as well.

if I can get 750 more rounds through the gun with out a FTE/FTF I will be very pleased and very confident in the weapon.

but the full size bug has bit me though. I do not need 2 1911's and I will have to sit and thing hard about selling this one and getting either a full size Kimber or SW 1911 SC. Although I really dont want to carry a Fullsize.

· Premium Member
6,163 Posts
Sleeper I do not need 2 1911's and I will have to sit and thing hard about selling this one and getting either a full size Kimber or SW 1911 SC. Although I really dont want to carry a Fullsize.[/QUOTE said:
It sure sounds like you need at least 2. Seriouslt though, if you sell your little pistol you will someday regret it. Save your money and buy a fullsize. Never sell a gun you like.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eljay45 said:
It sure sounds like you need at least 2. Seriouslt though, if you sell your little pistol you will someday regret it. Save your money and buy a fullsize. Never sell a gun you like.

Ha! you maybe very right... I really miss the SW 686+ I sold to buy my redhawk. To top it off the guy I sold it to (my fathers friend) dont shoot it and want sell it back to me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.