1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,545 Posts
madblazer

Remember to only load two rounds for the first few magazines worth, then work up from there.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Sorry, I may have missed something, but mind if I ask what parts exactly you changed? I also have a SS TRP that I love and am very interested. Some of the small parts on yours appear to be polished-are those the changed ones?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phinfan said:
Sorry, I may have missed something, but mind if I ask what parts exactly you changed? I also have a SS TRP that I love and am very interested. Some of the small parts on yours appear to be polished-are those the changed ones?
the parts i changed are, an ed brown oversize mag button, ed brown plunger tube, new blued pins, wilson combat main sping housing with magwell, and a 19lb mainspring. the polished parts i did myself are the slide stop, trigger, ambi saftey, grip saftey and grip screws. just took time and work to get them polished up how they are, at first it felt wrong to mess with a 1200 dollar handgun, but im happy how it turned out:rock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Str8_Shot said:
madblazer

Remember to only load two rounds for the first few magazines worth, then work up from there.

Good luck.
yes will do, how many rds should i shoot before i consider it fine, ive got like 300rds to shoot when i go, but the 1911 has to share with the XD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
madblazer said:
yes will do, how many rds should i shoot before i consider it fine, ive got like 300rds to shoot when i go, but the 1911 has to share with the XD.
1911's do not share ammo with other guns. Shoot either the XD or the 1911 never both.:dope:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Okay, this leads me to my next question, I picked up ( I will never forget ) my TRP four years ago on christmas eve, and I have right about 3000 rds through it. It has been the most fun, accurate, and reliable pistol I have ever owned, or shot. My question would be, are there weak points with it? Should I change out some parts that may fail? What do the other TRP owners do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phinfan said:
Okay, this leads me to my next question, I picked up ( I will never forget ) my TRP four years ago on christmas eve, and I have right about 3000 rds through it. It has been the most fun, accurate, and reliable pistol I have ever owned, or shot. My question would be, are there weak points with it? Should I change out some parts that may fail? What do the other TRP owners do?
i dont think you have to worry about parts breaking, but you may need a new recoil spring if you have 3000rds on it, someone here should be able to tell you more about maintence and parts that are prone to fail, the trp is aslo my fisrt 1911, so im not i much of a postion to give advice on it, i only changed mine around for the looks and to have one thats alittle different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,031 Posts
phinfan said:
Okay, this leads me to my next question, I picked up ( I will never forget ) my TRP four years ago on christmas eve, and I have right about 3000 rds through it. It has been the most fun, accurate, and reliable pistol I have ever owned, or shot. My question would be, are there weak points with it? Should I change out some parts that may fail? What do the other TRP owners do?
Plus one on the recoil spring. The only things I've changed on mine were to remove the one piece recoil spring guide rod and replace with GI type and replace the mainspring housing and extended magwell with a S&A Magwell to do away with the lock and prevent their magwell from becoming loose and moving around. I figure that's the reason the FBI didn't want them and wanted the S&A part instead.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top