1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't even remember how long I wanted to get a TRP. A few months ago my father got one for himself and shared with me how happy he was with it. Since I have been out of the 1911 loop for a bit I wanted to get back into them. Well I pruchased my TRP last week and I can't say enough about it.

I couldn't wait to take it to the range and break it in. I was able to do so just the other day. I put 100 rounds of WWB 230 FMJ through it and didn't have a sinlge issue at all. She functioned flawlessly and what a joy to shoot as well. It took me a few rounds to get used to the 1911 trigger again. Accuracy was not even on my mind honestly and just wanted to put rounds down range. From 7 yards I put a decent size hole in the paper. As I said accuracy wasn't a major concern on the day so most of the shots were essentially point shooting. I figure next trip I'll try a little harder on the accuracy and see what it will really do. Obviuosly have a little push going on, but I'm hoping by the next time I'll have that figured out. So without further ado, here's my crappy cell phone pics.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I'm on my way to the range in a few minutes to finish the break in on my TRP. I just love this gun!! I swapped out the two piece guiderod for an Ed Brown GI rod and plug and installed a Wolff 17.5 progressive spring when I did it. Just received in todays mail the kit from Berryhill to get rid of the ILS system, and that should do it as far as mods are concerned. I have shot and owned numerous types of 1911s for over thirty years but the TRP is my favorite so far. FWIW I used some of Brian Enos Slide Glide as the TRP is really tight and it smoothed up the action nicely! Enjoy, I know I will!

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Thanks for posting. Enjoy that gun.

When I trimmed the .45 herd down recently (right arm problems have moved me more toward 1911 9mm shooting these days) my Springer TRP was one of the guns that did stay. Just an all around fine weapon for the money and stinking deadly accurate to boot. Mine is identical to yours except for a grip swop out. That 20 LPI checkering was a bit fiesty for me so I did a nice rubber/wood wrap around. Works just fine.

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That 20lpi sure lets you know you have a good grip on it that's for sure. I had wanted to get into IDPA stuff with the TRP but it seems as though it weighs too much for the CDP class by one ounce. Ain't that a kick in the shorts. Well maybe I'll just buy another 1911 for that purpose.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Would dropping the full length guiderod get you under your weight limit? Nice looking piece! Can't wait for mine to get here next week..

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Would dropping the full length guiderod get you under your weight limit? Nice looking piece! Can't wait for mine to get here next week..
Nope not for IDPA, the bull barrel knocks it out of contention. Nice weapon, I love mine and know how you feel. Congrats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts