1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now I'm going shopping. Full size 1911, stainless, wood grips, beavertail, less than $1000 including tax. What to get?

·
Registered
226 Posts
SA Px9151lp 725-800
SA Px9104lp 750-800

·
Administrator
73,831 Posts
Wow, I need your job. With mine the unwritten policy is get sick or take time off, don't count on your job still being there the next day! :mummy:

If you're going to spend $1000 on a new 1911, I'd say get a Colt XSE. Better yet, get a WW1 Replica while you still can (the Carbonia finish model).

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
With a 1000.00 you could buy 20 Lorcins and still have money left over for a cup of coffee.:rofl:
But i think i would rather go with a WW1 Replica. BUT whatever you get just enjoy it ,sounds like a good company to work for.:cool:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to the gun show today. Not one S&W 1911 in the place. Very few Colts and no 5 " XSE. They had a couple of SA's. But, I want to handle the S&W and Colt before deciding.

·
Registered
461 Posts
txgolfer45 said:
Went to the gun show today. Not one S&W 1911 in the place. Very few Colts and no 5 " XSE. They had a couple of SA's. But, I want to handle the S&W and Colt before deciding.
Here is something I put together for another board. It points out a detail that darn few people ever notice until they compare side by side. How or if it effects you is a personal taste thing. You'll probably also notice a difference in the trigger feel. Oh and congrats on the attendance bonus!

BTW: I have one of these on order for my b-day present for my self. :D

·
Registered
951 Posts
Personally I would buy another loaded Springer in .45 (I have one in 9mm) Just so I can have one in each caliber

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I'm happy with my 1911's. I want an AR-15. Tracy

·
Registered
613 Posts
Colt Gold Cup Trophy and install wood grips on it. Or a Colt XSE if you want wood grips to come with it. Either one is an excellent choice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts