1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here is some more information. I have found that the the problem is that little piece that sticks up on the inside left that a noral 1911 doesnt have is sticking DOWN. I remember having to push it down to get the slide back on, and now it will not come back up and it is preventing the trigger from setting correctly and also will not let the magazine in the mag well all the way. How do I get that piece bck up???? It is a hook shaped, or kind of upsde own L shaped piece that sticks up, {or did} above the top of the frame at the rear. Help.......

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
The part you describe is the ejector. It can be pushed too far down into the pistol during cleaning/reassembly. The manual lists the following steps to correct this...

1. Remove the stock screws and stock set from the receiver.

2. Turn the pistol upside down.

3. Insert screwdriver through magazine well of receiver and push against the top of the sear spring until the ejector comes free and returns to its correct position.

4. Remove screwdriver from magazine well and reassemble stock set, taking care to tighten four screws firmly but without over-tightening.

Rosco

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you all, I got it. I did exzactly what you said, Its wierd because I hadnt seen your post yet, I was set to take it all apart when I thought, what would happen if I turn it upside down and push here with a screw driver. what a relief when it fell back into place.

Thank you all.

mr. pitiful

·
Registered
817 Posts
If you ever have any problems with the extractor falling behing the trigger extension, I have a fix for that too. I became a .380 govt "expert", not by my choice, but necessity. I installed an SM&A trigger from Brownells and I used a VERY small washer in the slot in the back of the trigger beside the extension. This keeps the extension from wiggling sideways and holds the disconnector in place. Everytime I would go to reload the gun holding it in my hand, you lean the gun over if right handed, the trigger extension would fall to the right. Now it works like a Swiss watch. Just cannot make up my mind if I want to install Novaks and dehorn it, or leave it all original Colt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts