1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just picked up this weapon. The slide to frame fit (side to side) is really loose,about 1/16 inch. Can this be tightened as with full size 1911's? Serial number is RR107XX (series 80 blued). I will replace recoil sprind and mag springs as I'm not sure how many rounds have been fired. Here in the PRK one must jump when a used weapon comes up for sale. Thank you for any advice you can provide.

lonehawk

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
lonehawk said:
Hello, just picked up this weapon. The slide to frame fit (side to side) is really loose,about 1/16 inch. Can this be tightened as with full size 1911's? Serial number is RR107XX (series 80 blued). I will replace recoil sprind and mag springs as I'm not sure how many rounds have been fired. Here in the PRK one must jump when a used weapon comes up for sale. Thank you for any advice you can provide.

lonehawk

lonehawk,

Take it to your local 45 shop. They should be able to help you in your delima. All my Colt 380's are like that and needed some gunsmithing attention/customization. They're great pocket pistols that'll keep you alive when the action starts. It's too bad the gun laws forced Colt to stop making them.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
rimfire said:
It's too bad the gun laws forced Colt to stop making them.
rimfire,22
rimfire,22

Gun laws probably had very little to do with the decision to stop making the Mustang, .380 Govt and their variations. Manufacturing costs and bad management decisions probably sealed their fate, rather than changes in any laws.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
How does the pistol group at 7 yards? Unless you need the stealth of no-rattles I'd not dick with the slide-frame fit. These are not target pistols. Loose always works.

-- Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts