1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this one today while looking for a 9mm 1911. Shot perfect out of the box, and I may make some mods down the road. But, for a basic Government Model, a very nice pistol.

·
Registered
651 Posts
How is it possible for some of you people to buy a new pistol, and get to shoot it the same day?
Congrats on your new Colt I'm sure it's a fine one!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is it possible for some of you people to buy a new pistol, and get to shoot it the same day?
Being retired, I can get to the LGS in the morning, clean it at my club, and have it on the range by noon, or so.

It's a hard job, but someone has to do it! :D :D :D

·
Registered
23,173 Posts
I waffled on an XSE and finally bought it because it is another model Colt introduced and discontinued this year. Shooting it seems like it is one step up from a 22 conversion unit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm with you there Leben. Limited range time for all the same reasons that you said. It makes it especially fun though when I can go. Like a kid going to play laser tag. :rock:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Naw, dang it. I have to work /travel all the time and of course have family stuff to take care of. I usually have to wait a couple of weeks to shoot a new gun.
Never happen I shoot right at side of my house I have a 20 yd pistol I can stretch to 25 if no traffic on our 10' wide county road.

I suggest you move to country. Iam no lounger able to hunt have 40+ Acers of woods behind house.

Made the city to country jump 18 years ago never looked back.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I waffled on an XSE and finally bought it because it is another model Colt introduced and discontinued this year. Shooting it seems like it is one step up from a 22 conversion unit.

Starting to regret not picking one of these up. My wife wants a SS 1911 in 9mm real bad. These have been discontinued and right now, none in stock with a google and wikiarms search...

·
Registered
864 Posts
My first 1911 was a MK IV Series 70 in 9mm that I bought back in 1977. That was a sweet gun, but it ejected cases straight back at my forehead, and I had basically retired it in favor of other guns that I had accumulated. I sold it about 5 or 6 years ago.

Then, I bought this XSE back in February, when I found it for a really good price. I had assumed that I'd never buy a new Colt again. A few months later, I heard about Colt discontinuing them. I am so glad that I jumped on it. As they say, timing is everything.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Went to a local gun show today. Not one stainless steel 9mm 1911 in the house. I was hoping to catch a ss Gov model 9mm or a discontinued XSE 9mm. Nope, nada. Plenty of other 1911's though! Prices were actually not too bad on some of the stuff. The only 1911 9mm at the whole show was a blued Springfield range officer, but my wife will not budge on the whole stainless thing lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too just purchased a Government model in 9mm. I'd like to convert it to shoot 38 Super someday. I think all I need is the 38 Super barrel and magazine to made the switch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts