1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new Custom II in stainless steel and it didn't work out of the box. Not a good thing, but Kimber made up for it with their prompt response and service. They sent it back to me after reaming and polishing the chamber, replacing the barrel link and replacing the firing pin. I took it out today and it functioned perfect on two different types of ammunition. Mistakes are sometimes made in manufacturing, but the most important thing is how the company responds and handles your problem. I will continue to purchase Kimber in the future.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Kimber CS is awesome!! I'd rather buy 100 Kimber's that all have to be sent back than deal with Glock CS for one gun ever again.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Kimber is about the only brand I've never had to send back. Can't relate to the horror stories found on the web. Glad they took care of you.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I have had quite a few Kimbers and have never needed customer service. I have read posts about good and bad experiences. I am glad I haven't needed to test the waters.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same gun, has been perfect since day 1, had it a year now & 1500 rounds all flawless and very accurate...glad to hear CS is great as well. Enjoy

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
I've never had to return one either. I wonder how that stinker got past the final QC and firing test with all those issues. Bad luck followed that gun all the way down the assembly line.

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Kimber CS is awesome!! I'd rather buy 100 Kimber's that all have to be sent back than deal with Glock CS for one gun ever again.
How hard would it to self fix a Glock though with all the replacement parts out there? :confused:

Besides, unless the polymer casting molds themselves go bad, it's not like a pin hole on the frame somewhere is going to be drilled out of specs on one? :scratch:

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I wonder how that stinker got past the final QC and firing test with all those issues.
Do you honestly think they test-fire 500 guns every day? (I don't)
L.

·
Banned
608 Posts
How hard would it to self fix a Glock though with all the replacement parts out there? :confused:

Besides, unless the polymer casting molds themselves go bad, it's not like a pin hole on the frame somewhere is going to be drilled out of specs on one? :scratch:
Been there tried that. The bottom of the barrel feed ramp impacts the trigger bar. My components work and fit properly in other Glocks but not mine. Glock says its in spec and refused to pay shipping and threatened to charge me for the work. A few years ago on Glock Talk a guy actually sued Glock in small claims court over a continually malfunctioning 30 SF (if I remember the model correctly) they refused to replace and couldn't get working properly and he won. I didn't think much of it at the time as my Glocks worked reasonably well. After experiencing their CS first hand I'll never do it again.

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
Do you honestly think they test-fire 500 guns every day? (I don't)
L.
Then where do those fired casings come from that are included with every new gun? Are they lying when they sign and date that envelope?

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Then where do those fired casings come from that are included with every new gun? Are they lying when they sign and date that envelope?
Are they in every new gun, or only the few states that require it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just checked my case and you are right. There is a sticker that says " No shell case enclosed for MD" I purchased it at Gander Mountain in Texas, so my guess is they move their stock around from store to store.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Manufacturers test fire every gun. It may be one shot, a magazine full or something in between but yes, they fire 500 or more guns every day.
I'm curious where you get your info.
L.

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
Then I apologize. I haven't bought a new Kimber in some time. But every one had a little tan envelope with a fired casing in it. Now I'll get pissed. If they DON'T fire every gun before it leaves the factory for quality control shame on them. Maybe this is the reason we're seeing so many guns being sent back to the factory. I'm telling you, stick with an early model. Far superior to the new ones.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Well, it sounds like I might be wrong anyway, if they test-fire them all. I'd be very interested in knowing what really takes place.
L.

·
Premium Member
20,345 Posts
Me too now L.E.
No test fire means no QC. Like building an engine and not starting it up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts