1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I've been a fan of the 1911 since I first trained with it in basic training in the mid sixties. As far as I can tell, this is a nice expansive community of like-minded enthusiasts, and the members that I have run across so far have been very friendly and courteous. Please say hello if you see me browsing about! Have a great day all!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome alpine14. Was just in Seattle Saturday. Things have changed a bit since my last visit, to say the least.

Look forward to reading you contributions.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome alpine14. Was just in Seattle Saturday. Things have changed a bit since my last visit, to say the least.

Look forward to reading you contributions.

Yes, big changes here. Thanks for the greeting. Have a good day!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. Yes, Seattle being one of the most liberal cities in the country has new firearm laws slated to go into effect 1-1-16. $25 tax on all firearm sales, .05 on every round of ammunition, except .22 which will be .02 per round. Also a $500 fine for not reporting firearm theft within 24 hours. Expect delays with the law as advocacy groups, i.e. NRA, file lawsuits.
I live outside of Seattle so I'm not affected........yet!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Thanks everyone. Yes, Seattle being one of the most liberal cities in the country has new firearm laws slated to go into effect 1-1-16. $25 tax on all firearm sales, .05 on every round of ammunition, except .22 which will be .02 per round. Also a $500 fine for not reporting firearm theft within 24 hours. Expect delays with the law as advocacy groups, i.e. NRA, file lawsuits.
I live outside of Seattle so I'm not affected........yet!
LOL, buy all you can between now and then and then see how much you saved! .02 on each .22 round what a travesty 😡. Same for rest of the new tax, hopefully, it will be challenged and over turned. 😁

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL, buy all you can between now and then and then see how much you saved! .02 on each .22 round what a travesty 😡. Same for rest of the new tax, hopefully, it will be challenged and over turned. 😁
Let's hope so dog. I liked the old days when you could walk into a gun show and come home with your favorite pistol, or what-ever. Army surplus 1911's would be stacked like cord wood on seller's tables. I guess WE have them all now. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts