1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to you all. Just joined the DW forum because as of last Saturday I bought my Heritage, went immediately to the range and was awestruck by the weapon. I have NEVER had such a pistol in my hand. I still have my original Tarus 1911 PT and a S&W 325 revolver. Now I'm seriously considering selling them both and getting a second DW, perhaps a Valor. Just sayin' hi.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Great group of people here that are very willing to help and share experiences freely.
Good to hear you like the Heritage! I bought one and still haven't gotten it to the range yet, so I'm happy to live vicariously through your range experience. :biglaugh:
Again, welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to your input as we go!
Sarge

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Welcome. My Heritage has not skipped a beat yet. In fact going to the range today and run a few more through it.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Weclome and congrats on picking up the Heritage. I got mine in late summer, and have almost 2000 trouble-free rounds through it. It is more accurate than I am, and very nice to look at.

I agree; sell the other two dogs, umm, pistols, and buy a Valor. It is the Heritage on steroids!

Glad you found us, and keep a tight hold on your wallet - mine flies open at the sight, or slightest mention of a DW... :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Welcome, you'll have a lot of fun here. Sometimes goofy, sometimes serious, but if you want to communicate about the 1911, this the place to be. Always someone on around the clock. About your other pistols, keep them if you can AND buy more DWs. :biglaugh:
tc

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Welcome here Coin. :) I just put a comment on Dan Wessons web sight, under the Heritage as I too own 1 and am thrilled with it. If we bug Sarge enough, maybe we can pull him away from his GREAT grip making for awhile and get out there and SHOOT HIS HERITAGE. I just think he doesn't want to clean it afterwords. :biglaugh:

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Welcome here Coin. :) If we bug Sarge enough, maybe we can pull him away from his GREAT grip making for awhile and get out there and SHOOT HIS HERITAGE. I just think he doesn't want to clean it afterwords. :biglaugh:
Well, I told Sarge I wouldn't say anything but if you can keep a secret, I'll tell you what the problem is......... Shhhhhh - Sarge can't shoot. I don't mean he's not very good; I mean he doesn't know how.. Shhhhh, he would be very mad if he knew I told on him. :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome to the addiction Coinset. Nice group of folks here.
Now to get your COTEP card!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hey Rimcrew - don't be goin Shsss on Sarge - I happen to think he's probably an alright sorta guy. Specially since he lent Dave that fusion of his for the little test over the week-end.

You better drink some more Kool-Aid, or I'm goin to spill the beans on you, and let the congregation here know the real low down on you!! You wouldn't want to blow your cover now would ya?

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes amongst ourselves.
We would like to see pics of your DW please.

Clyde

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the welcome

Thank you all for the welcome. I have to confess a small item which I'm sure you will understand: Some time ago I bought my Tarus PT 1911 as a main 'go to' gun. After running a few magazines of ball ammo through it without difficulty, I changed over to HP Hydrashocks. This is when the disappointment began, and at it's worst I had 4 mis-feeds out of 3 magazines from the Tarus. So....in my best frame of mind, I determined that HP ammo & the PT just would not play well together. As a backup weapon that would most certainly digest Hydrashock ammo, I opted for a brand new S&W 325 wheel gun which does not complain about it's diet.

By chance, I went to the gun shop last week looking for some decent priced 7.62 and perhaps some more moon clips for the S&W. This is when I saw my DW which I bought.

Question now; I have not tried any HP in my new Heritage just yet and am hoping it won't complain. Has anyone else experienced mis-feeds in their DWs with the Hydrashock ammo?

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Well, I told Sarge I wouldn't say anything but if you can keep a secret, I'll tell you what the problem is......... Shhhhhh - Sarge can't shoot. I don't mean he's not very good; I mean he doesn't know how.. Shhhhh, he would be very mad if he knew I told on him. :D
See if I ever tell you anything ever again. :barf: Now that the secret is out, I might as well let it ALL out. I have had all of my DW barrels bored out to 12ga so I can put 00buck shotshells in them. It's the only way I can hit anything from distance farther than 1.2 inches. :rock:
Ahhhh. The truth makes one feel so.......free.:biglaugh:
Sarge

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
poor picture but here it is

Me and cameras have a love/hate relationship, but here is a photo of my Heritage with 2 mags. I'll try to get better pics this weekend AFTER I get back from the range.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
See if I ever tell you anything ever again. :barf: Now that the secret is out, I might as well let it ALL out. I have had all of my DW barrels bored out to 12ga so I can put 00buck shotshells in them. It's the only way I can hit anything from distance farther than 1.2 inches. :rock:
Ahhhh. The truth makes one feel so.......free.:biglaugh:
Sarge
Sarge - it wasn't me!! NK told and rigged it up so it would look like I posted that. I would NEVER do such a thing... :D

Fshcop - I have no secrets to hide. BTW - I didn't notice your post on the shoot-out thread, you know, the one where the CBOB ran neck-and-neck with the Fusion costing 2x the CBOB price. I'm sure you were going to stop by to fall on your sword, but just had not found time to do so yet. :bawling:

Sorry Coin - hijack finished. Did I mention how much you are going to like that Heritage?!! I can't speak to how hollow points function in it, but mine has not had the slightest issue shooting factory and reloaded ball ammo. I imagine yours will be fine, though I would suggest you wear it in before trying HP's.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Welcome, congratulations and glad to have on our little piece of the web. glad to hear that you like your DW so much, don't be a stranger.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
snowing here

Welcome, congratulations and glad to have on our little piece of the web. glad to hear that you like your DW so much, don't be a stranger.
Thanks! It is lightly snowing this afternoon but not enough from keeping my appointment at my local gun shop. My new DW Heritage is resting comfortably in the safe, and the old Tarus PT-1911 is packed up for the trip to 'consignment' and is so outta here!

I know that this forum is for DW 1911s, but I am seriously considering ordering a new DW 7460 .45 revolver while I'm at the shop. Does anyone own one and would you give me your opinion of it before I plunk down next year's Christmas money?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Hi there coinsets,

Welcome, from another Coloradan, to the wonderful world of DW and if you think you are amazed at this fine pistol, just wait until you have more rounds down the pipe and you'll see just how really fine your 1911 really is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts