1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings!
After a long time of wanting to buy a 1911, I finally broke down and did an decided to join here. I look forward to learning and sharing what I know on here. After reading some decent reviews, I went with the Citadel Full Size. Not the greatest, I know, but I've never even fired a 1911, and it had a lot of features I was interested in. I figured it was a good way to get into the platform. After I do my usual break in (500 rounds of FMJ and JHP) I'll be sure to post a report! I'll let the pics show for now.

Legacy Arms Citadel M1911A1FS - Gander Mountain $579.99 +Tax

Remington UMC 230 Grain FMJ 250 Rds - Walmart $84.97 + Tax

Wally World didn't have any JHP (whether Remington, Wincester, or Federal.) I'll see if I can trade for some with my co-workers.
The other items currently in my collection are a Beretta 92FS, Glock 23, Kahr PM9, Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, and an 18" Remington 870 Synthetic with pistol grip stock. I've got a bunch of assorted hunting and speciality rifles and shotguns,too. I carry an H&K P2000 .40 S&W at work, so if anyone wants info on that weapons, shoot away. I know it's off topic, but I have 15k rounds through it so I know it best.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The Citadel is a GREAT first entry gun. I have one full size and one compact among my other 99 1911's. My Citadels I've taken to the range and done extensive firing with not one issue, OTHER than the magazines, which I vacuum seal and place back in the factory box and use Tripp, Kimpro, Power mags as my primary carry and Checkmate and Colt, Springfield as my range mags.

Once your Citadel is fully broken in, you'll find you'll enjoy shooting it, and once you learn more about the 1911, you'll end up modifying it to your tastes. What you should do is go to brownells.com and order their 1911 catalog. It will show you ALL the great parts you can add on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info! I had a nice selection at the store to choose from (Colt, Kimber, S&W, Taurus) but couldn't find one of them that had all the features of this gun for less than double the price. I plan on putting a good 5k through it and then going from there. Maybe something more upscale after that, we'll see. I've purchased from brownells before and will see what I have for their parts catalog.

On a side note, about the only thing I would change on this gun, so far, are the sites. I'm used to tritium 3 dots, but I guess that comes from working in law enforcement.

***Edit*** I'll probably throw a set of Hogue wrap-around rubber grips on, I've always liked them.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Welcome to a great site. Glad to have you here. :rock:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the Best 1911 Forum on the internet.

Glad to have you as part of it.

Clyde

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! I look forward to getting to know the site and the weapon. As others mentioned, I couldn't really beaqt the price I got, and it's better to learn about all the good, bad and ugly on a $600 gun than doing the same on the Colt Special CombatI want to buy in a few years!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts