1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds very nice, can anyone post a picture of one? I am hearing of more and more of these and would love to see one...
Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've got a new CQB and also would like to see one with grey slide and black frame..I'd like to send my CQB to Wilson over the winter and get it done.....i think the cost is under $200

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Greg Rodriguez at Mombassa Trading Company had a black/gray Protector and I believe also a black/gray CQB a while back. He had pictures on gunsamerica and may be able to send you some.

His e-mail is: [email protected]

Phone: (281) 494-4151

I have purchased several Wilsons and Ed Browns from him and am extremely satisfied with his service and knowledge.

·
Registered
247 Posts
How's this...

------------------
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.

Don't be afraid of the Truth

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
I don't know, I still kind of like the olive/black finish better. More of a tactical look.

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
975 Posts
***??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Green and black looks more "tactical" than all black?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

I think that green finish is the ugliest thing you could possibly put on a handgun. It's fine on a rifle....MAYBE, but definitely not on a handgun. Besides, how many environments could that green blend in with vs. black if you really wanted a "tactical" gun?

No offense meant, just sounding off my opinion and having a little fun

themao

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, I put the FL guide rod in mine too, though I didn't notice any difference. Still a great gun!

I like the green/black color myself. Caused quite a stir at my last IDPA match.

Of course I own a green Armalite AR-15 too, just my color preference I guess.

I'll tell you, Wilson could make those suckers in pink and green and I would still like them! It's how they shoot, not how they look that counts!

Tim

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Thermao--I was comparing the olive/black with the gray/black. Of course, the all-black is a more tactical presentation. But I disagree with you about the look of the olive/black. I see it as a much more tactical look than the gray. And what would it blend in with?? You ever wear forrest camo out in the woods? Well, between us I guess we have just about two cents worth of opinion.....

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Okay, I am no longer confident that any of you knows what "tactical" means. However, the green and black looks for like army military-type garb, the sll black looks more like special forces stuff maybe, and the grey and black looks more like urban SWAT team stuff maybe.

Color is not tactical and color does not make it tactical.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I sent my Les Baer to Rocky mountain arms for there BEAR-COAT finish. had it done in green/blk, very tactical looking, the green
is so light you can't tell its green unless you put it under a light. oh, for got the whole gun is od green with black strips. will send a pic, when i can.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well, when I saw a pic of the CQB online, I thought it was ugly, then I happened to see one at one of the gun shops here, so I asked to look at it. It was a Friday.
Saturday, I traded 7 guns so that I could walk out with it.
Was it worth it?? Yup.
Do I think it's pretty? Yup!!

[This message has been edited by TimH70 (edited 11-23-2001).]

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Double Naught....don't split hairs! We know color doesn't make it "tactical". It's shorthand in our references. Just like the term "getting frosty" doesn't mean standing in a walk-in freezer. Color is only in the abilty to conceal in the proper environment. Good observation on what color combo best represents what group, though. Now how about a tan/brown combo for desert action?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 11-24-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts