1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is about the last decision I need to make before ordering my WC compact CQB. I'm worried about the grey showing wear sooner than the black--kind-of seems obvious I guess.

I prefer the look of grey. Does anyone have a grey framed WC and can vouch for how long it maintains that "new" look before starting to show wear?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I prefer an all black gun. My CQB compact used to be black over grey but it's now all black. The grey will look and wear just as well as the black. Get what you want. If you don't like it then you can always refinish it in another color of AT. Good luck.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's good news.

What about looking dirtier. Does that happen?
That particular gun gets cleaned after every range session because it is my primary carry piece. Maybe it gets dirty, I guess I've never noticed. As far as holster lint and fingerprints go, it actually stays cleaner looking than the black slide. If you've ever owned a black car, you know how hard it is to keep them looking great.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My CQB compact is blk/gry. I personally prefer the gray colored frame with the black slide then an all black handgun.
I clean it after every trip to the range. It is also my ccw firearm and I wipe it down after removing it from the holster.
I have not noticed any unusual wear characteristics on the frame over the slide.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My black on grey frame has shown no wear at all, so far, on the grey frame. It's a CQB, and an every day carry gun.

I waffled on the frame color for a couple of months, but when I actually saw how the grips seemed to look, how they picked up the grey, I went with it, and prefer it over the black.

Tom

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
:) Here is a Compact with black slide and stainless frame, close in color to your black and gray. In fact, maybe you would want the stainless frame, do not have to worry about finish wear on it. Plus it has the starburst grips, ambi safety and mag chute. It is a classy gun.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you everyone for your replies. I appreciate it.

I placed the order with the dealer last night: Black slide, hammer, trigger and mag release button and grey, round butt frame with the black/grey G10 starburst grips like Sandhills... :rock:

Color combination similar to this:

Oh...lightweight frame, too. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
You Will Be Happy

I have a Stealth and a Tactical Supergrade in black and grey, you will be pleased with the look and the lack of wear. You will be even more happy with the quality and reliability of the machine. Happy shooting.

Wadsworthshoot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts