1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ran across a Nice looking 1911a1
That was marked as a Griffon. I did not purchase this one it was used and overpriced. The dealer was asking 515.00 for it. I was wanting to know how reliable they are out of the box and if they're still being imported or not. Thanks for your help.

------------------
Keep on Shooting

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by Targetshooter:
I recently ran across a Nice looking 1911a1
That was marked as a Griffon. I did not purchase this one it was used and overpriced. The dealer was asking 515.00 for it. I was wanting to know how reliable they are out of the box and if they're still being imported or not. Thanks for your help.
That dealer is smoking crack! A used Griffon for over $500, he is on serious drugs!

Last I saw, they were still being imported. The ones I have shot (rentals at the local indoor) weren't very reliable, or very accurate, but they were rentals. Prior to the end of the year, I could have bought one of the rentals that they rotate out for something like $300, but I don't remember. I think they were selling new for $450.

There's a few posts here on them, I don't like them, some may... Frankly, for $500, buy a Colt 1991, or Springfield Mil-Spec, you'll get a better gun that you can build into whatever you want. You could also buy a Charles Daly, which in the same range, and class as the Griffon, is a much better clone, IMHO.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jaydee,

Thanks for the reply, I guess I have a bad habit of looking at the cheaper 1911's.

------------------
Keep on Shooting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts