1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one of my Loaded models I just got the grip bushings on one side are have some issues. They both will screw into the frame all the way but when they get to the end where they would normally be tight they just spin freely. The top one has the grip screw stuck in it and the other doesnt. Are the bushings made very cheap these days? I looked and couldnt really see any stripped threads on the frame or bushing but my eyes are not the greatest. This is a new gun and I was trying to take off the grips to see what another set I had would look like. Im going to call Springfield later this week with some other warranty issues it has and ask that it be sent back so I will mention this also. Im pretty sure this one was made on a Monday or Friday :(

·
Registered
551 Posts
You'll probably have to send it back to SA to have that issues resolved. They're suppose to be staked to the receiver from the inside. It's relatively simple to do if you have the right tool but if you don't, it's near impossible.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
On one of my Loaded models I just got the grip bushings on one side are have some issues. They both will screw into the frame all the way but when they get to the end where they would normally be tight they just spin freely. The top one has the grip screw stuck in it and the other doesnt. Are the bushings made very cheap these days? I looked and couldnt really see any stripped threads on the frame or bushing but my eyes are not the greatest. This is a new gun and I was trying to take off the grips to see what another set I had would look like. Im going to call Springfield later this week with some other warranty issues it has and ask that it be sent back so I will mention this also. Im pretty sure this one was made on a Monday or Friday :(

SNEAKS,

Try some Loc-tite (red) and see if that cures your problem. Otherwise you may need to get an "oversize grip screw bushing" OR have a smith rethread and tap. If and when it's done have the smith stake the bushing in so it' permanent.

rimfire,22

1 - 3 of 3 Posts