1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for some time for a set of replacement grips for my primary carry. I have a very specific set up in mind, but I just can't seem to find this combination available anywhere. Please give a shout if you know of a source.

Full size 1911 - OEM THICKNESS
BobTail
Half (or tactical) checkering
BLACK in color
I would prefer Micarta and may hold out for it, but a dense hard wood may be ok, as long as the color is black.

Yes, I have considered buying a set and modifying them myself to fit the Bobtail, but I have not yet given up finding a set.

Any help would GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I'm sure Hakan Pek or Scott Sensing or one of the other makers on here would work with you to meet your specifications. There are black woods you could use for grips (or some plain wood could be dyed black) and the other thinhs should be doable too.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Iggy - Thanks, but I tried a borrowed pair of the Aluma grips on another 1911 without the Bobtail. I didn't care too much for them in a couple of the situations I am in a great deal.

Scubie - I have contacted Scott Sensing and may have to go that route, but I am going to hold out for Micarta for a while first.... but thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts