1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source for installing WC medallions in grips . Apparently there is a tool that is used but different medallions , Ruger , Colt , WC have slightly different diameters and require different tools . My man says tool he uses to install Ruger medallions won't work with WC .

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
The fine folks at Derwood Manufacturing installed the medallions when they were making my grips, they ordered them directly from WC. Give them a call, they may accommodate your request.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Don't know about all the different companies, but I do know that a Wilson Combat and a Volkmann medallion are exactly the same size. I know because I switch them out if I swap the grips between tow of the gun.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Anyone have a source for installing WC medallions in grips . Apparently there is a tool that is used but different medallions , Ruger , Colt , WC have slightly different diameters and require different tools . My man says tool he uses to install Ruger medallions won't work with WC .
Switched out some Wilsons. Used a small screwdriver to bend the legs into the slots on the back side of the grip. Got to admit it was a bitch getting them bent into place, but I got it done. If there is a tool I havn't seen one. Maybe the Wilson rep. can advise.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Switched out some Wilsons. Used a small screwdriver to bend the legs into the slots on the back side of the grip. Got to admit it was a bitch getting them bent into place, but I got it done. If there is a tool I havn't seen one. Maybe the Wilson rep. can advise.
The problem is making the hole in which to place the medallions .Tturns out different medallions , Colt , Wilson , Ruger etc require different size holes requiring different tools

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The fine folks at Derwood Manufacturing installed the medallions when they were making my grips, they ordered them directly from WC. Give them a call, they may accommodate your request.
+1 on Derwood.nexcept I ordered the medallions and had them shipped to Derwood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts