1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

My dad, who doesn't shoot often, has a Series 70 .45 ACP. A few years ago I had a trigger job done on it for him, which involved a new trigger, sear, hammer and installation of a drop in beavertail.

The trigger is fine, but the beavertail looks like crap and he asked that I put the stock one back on.

When I put the stock one back in the gun the trigger freezes and the hammer doesn't engage the sear.

Obviously the "drop in" one was modified somewhat and would seem to be pushing on the back of the trigger or something.

What can I do to make the stock one work again? Can I take some metal off of the arm coming off of the beavertail until it doesn't lock the trigger up?

Thanks!

Brent

------------------
NRA, USPSA, IDPA and MCRGO member
http://www.ehhs.cmich.edu/~bchamber/10mm.html

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
If your replacement trigger is adjustable you may need to back off on the adjustment screw to allow the orig grip safety to work properly.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The grip safety is fitted to the trigger as well and since you now have a different trigger, it made need a little fitting to work. I would get a good manual either from Wilson or Kuenhausen before attempting to refit it or just have it done by a pro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts