1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a modified Colt series 80. The trigger can be pulled and the hammer will drop without the grip safety being pressed. It is much harder of a pull, but as you can tell, this concerns me.
Can anyone give me repair advice?:scratch:

· Registered
2,461 Posts
Here's a suggestion: Remove the hammer and left grip panel so you can look in there and see what's going on. It's possible the grip safety arm is out of dimension...or the grip safety itself isn't retracting quite far enough for the arm to lock the trigger bow...and if that's the case, it's a relatively easy fix. You'll need to remove a LITTLE metal where the bottom of the GS contacts the top of the mainspring housing. This will allow the GS to move a bit further out and thus move the tip of the arm further down, thereby locking the trigger.
If this is not the case, then you'll need to swage a little metal on the end of the arm so that it will contact the trigger bow...that'll involve a hammer, anvil, and some judicious banging.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.