1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting here wiping down my 70 series Commander, when I stumbled upon something that somewhat disturbed me. I don't know for what reason, but with the hammer cocked, and the safety clicked off, I can back the hammer to the point where it depresses the grip safety. If I then apply pressure to the trigger, while at the same time holding back the hammer, the hammer can be eased forward, uncocking the pistol. Is this something that just happens, or is something seriously wrong here? My gun is completely stock, except for some new grips, and has never had any work done to either the grip safety or trigger. Should I be worried, or is this just a normal thing with the gun?

War Eagle

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Ahhhh, War Eagle, you have stepped into the area of forbidden knowledge. 'Ware entering the area of the unknown.

Nothing wrong with your pistol, the grip safety is depressed, the trigger is pulled and as long as the trigger is back the grip safety can not reset it self, so the hammer can be lowered.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim V,
Thanks for the info, and sorry I couldn't get back on here, and when I finally did, the forum was down. Talk about a restless couple of days. I actually had to spend more time sitting around the apartment learning new stuff on my guitar, and getting some sore fingers in the process. But I'm glad that I don't have a serious problem or anything with my Commander. Thanks.

War Eagle

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
War Eagle that's just the nature of the beast and there's nothing wrong with your Commander, all 1911s will do the same thing.

Now what I want to know is, can I get a Roll Tide? ;)

7th

1 - 4 of 4 Posts