1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My series l Ultra CDP sometimes does not disengage the grip safety (especially when I draw and try to fire one-handed)...It comes very close but no cigar...I shoot high thumb and realize this method contributes to the problem...Question?...Might it help if I bend the Grip Safety spring up just a bit so as to apply more pressure to the GS?

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Bending the sear spring out will add more tension to the disengaged GS and will make your problem worse. You could take a little material off the arm on the GS that blocks the trigger bow or get a GS with a memory bump. Or, if you feel comfortable with it, you could "pin" the GS since its a pre-Series 2. Other than that, you need to find a way to add "meat" to your hand. :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kruzr....Of course you are correct (I re-thought the problem a bit)...I will probably file a bit from the bottom of the engagement notch on the GS and see if that helps...If not I may have to have a GS with a speed bump fitted...I doubt if my hand will get any bigger unless I whack it with a BFH.....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I wonder if it would be practical to somehow add a "memory bump" to the standard Kimber safety. I'm not aware of any such product, but it might just be feasible. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a thought on this idea.....this is the sort of thing you don't discuss in a forum...it's an idea you discuss with a patent attorney. It's a good idea. 1911 guys are always looking for gadgets. This would be a good one that I think people would buy. I'd rather spend $2.95 on an "adhesive" memory bump. If it helped me...then maybe I'd spend $35.00+gunsmithing for the real deal.

Good idea.

Hey forget what I said.....now where did I put that patent attorney's biz card?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts