1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grip safety on my Les Baer TRS has quite a bit of movement from side to side in the frame at about the hump area. My grip safety also will disengage with just the littlest movement of the safety. Does anyone else have a Baer gun with similar characteristics. I was expecting a perfectly blended beavertail with no movement but in and out but I did not get that. Maybe I'm asking for to much on a semi-custom gun. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The grip safeties on both my TR Specials have very little side to side movement. I was more than satisfied with the way they fit into the frame. Both also disengage with less movement than any other of my 1911s but it's nothing that makes me worry. There is a happy medium of when the grip safety should disengage, If you don't like it send it back to Baer and have them check the fit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is normal, even for a custom gun. You don't want the lateral fit so tight that it binds. Mine also disengages with just a slight push. I see this as a good thing, since you can still fire the gun even if your grip proves to be less than perfect. Some people have their grip safeties sensitized for this very reason, but the Baer doesn't need this adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts