1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The slotted screws on my Milspec are slicing up my hands. I'm thinking about getting either hex head or Phillips head screws, but I don't want to order them online (seems silly to spend more for shipping than the things cost), and no gun store around my area seems to carry grip screws.

Can you buy hex head or Phillips head screws from a hardware store that will work for grips? I'd be surprised if grip screws were so specialized that you couldn't get something just as good from a hardware store.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
yes, grip screws are that specialized.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i've had good luck w/ industrial fastener companies. try your yellow pages. never got grip screws from them but a whole lot of other specialized hardware that the local hardware won't carry. another thing is if they don't have it they'll point you to it or suggest an alternative

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Bet if you posted a WTB thread in the "for sale" section, you could find some easy, for little or no shipping charge.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I have some stainless hex head I would volunteer, they're off a Kimber. (Replaced them with slotted. To each his own.)

Send me a PM if you want them. I'll throw in the stamp.

Sorry don't have blue, but you can find a bunch on ebay for about the same as you'd see in Brownells at the dealer price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts