1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kimber Compact CDP II. Will this gun use the Colt Officer's size grips? Also, any recommendations on high quality (and nice looking) grips?
(I have been looking around Esmerelda's site recently...)

thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
grips

the compact and the ultra both will use the commander size grip ALL my auto grips are from Esmeralda...I shoot with smooth grips ( my preference) and holding a piece with her grips is like holding a beautiful womans face in your hands..and Esmeralda is darn good looking to boot and super petite

fyi; if you have an ambi safety..tell esmeralda to lower the top contour on the right side grip as the Kimber ambi will bottom out on top of a reg shaped grip..it may or may not interfere with the safety ...I just didn't want to risk it ...I had her ( she did it at no charge) do it to a new set I bought and an older set I sent back to her...both look perfect and the guns work flawlessly

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
the compact and the ultra both will use the commander size grip ALL my auto grips are from Esmeralda...I shoot with smooth grips ( my preference) and holding a piece with her grips is like holding a beautiful womans face in your hands..and Esmeralda is darn good looking to boot and super petite
No, they both use Officer's size grips. Commander size grips are the same size as Gov't size grips.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
As she describes them:

Full Size..........also known as Government size.

Compact..........also known as Officer's size.

A Commander (as you mentioned it) is a full size.

Just in case the OP was going to purchase grips elsewhere, it was best to use the normal terminology and I didn't want him to be too confused. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts