1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps a stupid question, but I'm looking for a set of wood grips for my Colt XSE and on one site there is the option to have the grip bottoms Flat/Standard or Beveled or Magwell. Magwell is self-explanatory, but I don't understand why it would matter whether the bottom of the grips are beveled or flat. Is there a particular advantage from one to the other or is it just a looks thing?

·
Premium Member
20,402 Posts
Little bit of concealment. Here are two from the same manufacturers, the old ones are flat bottoms and the new ones are bevelled. Both from VZ grips.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Zenner,
Originally I only used flat bottom grips on 1911 pistols with magwells attached. Now I like the looks and feel of the full length flat bottom grip so much that all of my 1911's have them, even my carry pistol which does not have a magwell. Go with your preference. My preference is for Esmeralda flat bottom magwell type grips of Desert Ironwood or Cocobolo. Never could make up my mind about checkering or plain so I have several of both and switch them out periodically.

Good shooting and be safe.
LB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts