1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done business with her? I went to her website and I was very impressed with the apparent quality of her cocobolo grips. That being said, I've sent her 2 emails with some basic questions regarding her products, the first on 11/27/03 (almost 3 weeks ago) and the second on 12/15/03. I have not heard back from her yet. This is not exactly filling me with confidence for doing business with her.:confused:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Yeah, but she looks nice in the bikini by that waterfall!:p

·
Registered
396 Posts
Link
Link
Link please :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I also had trouble getting email responses some time ago. She eventually responded, saying she had been out of the country.
I never bought anything from her though, I'm too happy with Hakan Pek.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I would wager she is out in the forest somewhere hunting up wood with no access to the internet ...I'm sure when she gets back she will sign up here and put everyone's fears to rest...She will probably even give a 30 day money back guarantee and offer to let you pay COD....just my guess anyway....

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Why would anyone attempt to do business with some unreliable idiot that can't even reply to an e-mail? :(

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 45auto Why would anyone attempt to do business with some unreliable idiot that can't even reply to an e-mail?
That certainly is a good question. I believe I have a decent answer for you. I am looking for a pair of smooth cocobolo grips for my Kimber Ultra CDP Elite Sts II. I have looked at the selections of wood and the craftsmanship of many different artisans and IMHO Esmeralda's choice of materials and craftsmanship are excellent.

Cocobolo is basically rosewood. The variety which is called cocobolo has the richest color and tightest grain of any species of rosewood. Esmeralda uses excellent cocobolo.

On her site I can order the specific grips I see (I know some others offer that option also) and as far as "Why would anyone attempt to do business with some unreliable idiot that can't even reply to an e-mail?" she has since replied to me and in any event, as stated on her website, http://www.esmeralda.cc/ she will ship them C.O.D. so how can I lose? So, she's lovely, talented and a procrastinator. Two out of three ain't bad. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gentlemen,
to anyone who has emailed me in the past and not received a reply, I sincerely apologise. Email/computers is not my expertise, although I am learning as fast as I can.
I often travel out of country to source my wood, and internet access is difficult in a 3rd world remote forest.
I am basically a "one woman show" trying to do my best and I thoroughly focus on my grips work..........however, I promise to improve my computer skills.
To bolster your confidence, I give a 30-day return policy if you are not satisfied with my quality, full refund. Anybody ordering before the New Year I will personally gift wrap and tie with a bow at no extra charge.

Happy Holidays,
Esmeralda O'Sheehan

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Nice to have you on the forum, Esmeralda! Probably the best thing you could do is follow the example of our own successful grip makers...Scott, Dave, and Hakan. They sent all of us a sample of their work. Now they're famous! Welcome!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
P7 said:
Don't you all feel silly now? Glad I never stopped believing in her.....
Soon as this whole "Christmas thing" :D is over and I can spend some dough on myself again, I will order a set of her grips for my Kimber Ultra CDP Elite Sts II and I will post some pics.

My Ultra already has checkering on the front strap, MSH and under the trigger guard, so I plan on getting smooth grips for it. Besides, IMO checkering obscures the natural beauty of the wood.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I bought a set of her grips and a friend also bought a set. These two sets are some of the most beautiful wood grips I have ever seen. Fit was perfect. Checkering was great. Her grips are not the cheapest, but worth the price.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Go to her website at.................

http://www.esmeralda.cc/

and there is an email link. Drop her a line and ask her.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts