1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys or gals know where I can purchase different grips for my Kimber, Team Match II, .45? When/if you respond, please include links to the sites you recomend.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
If you are going to leave the magwell on your Team Match, you probably want grips with the flat bottom to match up with the magwell. Take a look at Smith & Alexander's website. They have a very good selection of magwell grips with very competitive prices.

http://www.smithandalexander.com/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks to all smart people who responded.
Just so everyone knows, the Team Match will NOT accept every 1911 style grip with the magwell installed. And yes, I want the grips that are flat on the bottom just for that reason.

·
Banned
141 Posts
338 said:
Thanks to all smart people who responded.
Just so everyone knows, the Team Match will NOT accept every 1911 style grip with the magwell installed. And yes, I want the grips that are flat on the bottom just for that reason.
I thought that any grip for full-size 1911 will work, just the ones without flat bottom will have quite awful gap. Is it really so that some grips cannot be fitted at all with the magwell in place?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got generic Pachmyr look-a-likes. These are the rubber wrap around type with the notch cutout for the ambi grip safety. They were about $10 at a gun show. These function very well without interferring the mag well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the wealth of info guys.

AZ Husker, are those alumagrips on your gun?

I really like all the grips from all the links you guys posted. I'll probally have to buy one from each manufacture, eventually.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
338...Those are the newest AlumaGrips, Chris calls them "Tactical". Specify mag-well cut and either ambi or single thumb safety. He's got them in black (shown) or Olive Gray, which looks great on stainless guns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts