1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to find a good set of non-slip grips for a Kimber - they don't have to look good, it's strickly to stop some slip.

Any good suggestions?

If nothing else, something that will hold metal-foil backed griptape. thanks

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Jerry Barnhardt offers grip panels for 1911 and a few other types of guns which have a skateboard tape looking material.

I know what you mean by slipping if you're refering to your support hand slipping. I don't have too much trouble with my "strong" hand remaining in place but my support hand will sometimes slip under recoil. If this is the case with you then stickier grip panels will certainly help

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rhino465 said:
BerKim . . . if you're slipping, you might need the traction more on the front strap rather than stickier grips.

Do you have checkering or stippling on the front strap? If not, try a piece of skateboard/no-skid tape there. It will make a big difference.
Thanks rhino.. why do you add the 465 here (vs. BE's)?

It's my supporting hand slipping. On the front strap I do have one of those 'Wilson Combat' add-ons, until I can get it checkered. My left palm slips on recoil. the rubber/plastic (whatever it is), just doesn't have enough traction.

·
Registered
877 Posts
BerKim said:
Thanks rhino.. why do you add the 465 here (vs. BE's)?
Because "rhino" was taken when I registered on here . . . otherwise I'd use the same userid everywhere!

I had trouble getting my avatar small enpugh to use here as well . . .

It's my supporting hand slipping. On the front strap I do have one of those 'Wilson Combat' add-ons, until I can get it checkered. My left palm slips on recoil. the rubber/plastic (whatever it is), just doesn't have enough traction.
Ahhh . . . you might want to use some of that white stuff people use on their hands to improve their grip too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts