1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I want to spice up my matte stainless Gov.1991. Right now has the rubber factory grips. Any ideas for a matte SS Colt?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I like tulipwood on stainless. My Baer Concept V wears a pair by Kim Ahrends. I usually don' t care for it, but I saw a fellows Kimber stainless with some smooth Mother of Pearl stocks by Eagle yesterday. Not my bag but looked pretty good actually.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
How about the buffalo horn stocks from Eagle http://www.eaglegrips.com

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 06-04-2001).]

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I've been liking the carbon fiber ones lately. Not very traditional but very cool looking (to me anyway). Available through Brownells and probably they have an add in American Handgunner.

Jim V, I met a gent of 80-something yesterday who was absolutely burning down bowling pins with a 9mm built by Bruce McArthur. I complimented him on his shooting and got sucked into a great conversation with him-- I reckon you know him, Fred C?

Would be great to see your whole bunch at the Lake MI Classic pin match.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
---------->> i've got a pair of houge smooth cocoa bolo on my ultra carry. look really good, seem to get darker with age. --------> rc

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I splurged, and put real ivory on my Defender, I like it. Anything will beat those junky rubber wrap around finger grove re-caps that came on it.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
black pearl grips anyone? got them on my stainless 1911 with Mk4 slide

my other choice is the carbon fiber grips in blue, black or silver -- they are NEAT-O lookin grips, kind of hi tech looking

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help, I'm leaning towards the AJax pearl or faux ivory with the Colt medallions, but at $60+ they're a bit more than I wanted to spend and may look too classy for this rough gunmetal grey finished gun...Anyone know if hogue makes grips with the medalions?
Carbon fiber look neat but not my cup of tea.
Real Ivory? Can't do it,

Thanks All, TomP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Herrett's has some nice diamond grips in black that look real nice on stainless guns. Made of american walnut for about $30. Item number is D-45 if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently put a set of Pachmayr Heritage grips on my matte stainless 1991A1 and they look much better on the gun than I thought they would. Drawbacks? If you have a small hand (like I do) or want to shoot service pistol rules in bullseye, they might not be for you.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Redish shades of wood are my personal tastes for my stainless full-sized. Ivory is nice, though. If I could find some reasonably priced double-diamond standard-thickness checkered grips...hmm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i agree with mpower on the tulipwood. i put a
set on my Kimber Pro & they really do look
nice. check out smith & alexander's website;
this is where i got mine from. very friendly
folks & great customer service to boot.

------------------
if you can't get it done
with a 1911 GIVE UP!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts