1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a NIB MC Operator and the mag release seems a little gritty as in not smooth when you push it, it feels "gritty" not shure how else to explain it other than its really rough feeling. Any ideas what causes it and how to fix it? Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
Remove the mag release spray it down with crud cutter, do the same for the cut that it sits in, give it a light coating of break free and shoot it alot. It will eventually smooth out if it isnt just crap in the working parts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just added a little militec and it seems to smothen out a bit. Ill try to work the button in and out a bit and see if it smoothens out.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
orionxx64 said:
I just bought a NIB MC Operator and the mag release seems a little gritty as in not smooth when you push it, it feels "gritty" not shure how else to explain it other than its really rough feeling. Any ideas what causes it and how to fix it? Thanks
orion64,

I had one just like you did. I placed 3 drops of oil on the button and let it drip down inside. Then all I did was watch TV while working the button in. Now it works smooth as it should.

rimfire,22

1 - 4 of 4 Posts