1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is guardian worth the price difference? Also has anyone found DW available to purchase?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a Guardian in 9mm but my Vigil is the full size in 45acp. Can't speak of the commander Vigil but they are both worth every penny I spent.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Have a Vigil 9mm CCO and a Govt. model. Both are excellent guns for the money. Nicely appointed with all you need and nothing you don't. In the current market they are, IOHO, about as close as one can get to a semi-custom for considerably less money.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a Guardian 9mm, it is excellent and anyone who shoots it likes it. The different models just reflect a variety of features and those features speak to people on an individual level. Should the features be close enough to being the same, then either will bring you joy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
To each there own but for me, the Guardian is definitely worth the extra money. Biggest obvious difference is bobtailed frame which will conceal better and I love the way it looks and how it feels in my hand. The other big thing for me is the Guardian's TG is undercut which provides with a better and higher grip, especially for people with big hands like me. The Guardian also has the "memory bump" grip safety as opposed to the flat style in the Vigil. Lastly the Guardian is a few oz's lighter.

All those differences, especially all put together, are major IMO and definitely justifies the added cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts