1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stainless Delta 10mm!

The previous owner was just not getting into 10mm lately and wanted to sell it. I told him I knew some who might be interested and asked how much. When he said $400 and it comes with an addition fitted ported BarSto barrel, I about fell over. Said sold, I needed to go home to get the cash. He said not to bother we would just meet up during the week.

Pics at lunch time.

·
Super Moderator
13,424 Posts
What good is a centimeter? :barf:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a silly millimeter bigger than that 9mm you play with. :cool:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pictures

Here is the left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pictures

And the right side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,305 Posts
Congratulations John, what a steal!

·
Registered
197 Posts
That piece looks to be in far finer shape then the one I saw at a local gun shop for 300 dollars more. If the internals are in the same condition, a very nice bargain.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, John, but the reason you got such a good deal on that gun is that it is "hotter than $2 shotgun"!!

BUT, as a favor, I will arrange to have it turned into the proper authorities for you, with no questions asked!

Just send me the gun - and I will take it from there:D !!

Nice piece!! (does she have a sister??)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Handle held envy!!!!

A $400 bang that works on your command! Strong!;)

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Detail stripped and cleaned this evening. It was clean, but dry. It soaked up lubricant like a sponge. Has the usual dings of a competition gun, the previous owner said he used it shooting pins. Overall it's in real good shape. Has a nice trigger.

He changed out the factory original two spring recoil system for a FLGR with a 22# spring. He still had it, and gave me the original recoil springs, guide rod, and plug. I replaced the recoil spring with a new 20# variable( the one in it was 1 1/2 in shorter than a new spring), put in a red heitt shok bufff, and put in a new firing pin spring. I will pick up a new main spring tomorrow and put it in.

Replaced the Packmier (spelling?) rubber coated mainspring housing with a SS contoured stippled housing (thanks Brian, I knew it would be useful oneday, what's better than putting it in a 10). Also replaced the rubber grips with a set of double diamond rosewoods I had in my box. Looks good. Hopefully another pic tomorrow. Shooting a match this Sunday, let you know how it did.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts