1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Joe, you may not be an artist, but your photos clearly show what you like.

How you liking the Sig 1911-22?
I like it. It is a nice gun to pratice with. It will only cycle on HV ammo, which is exactly what is printed on the slide. The slide stop also wears easily. Sig said it was normal. See picture. Otherwise it's fun and very easy to shoot.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like it. It is a nice gun to pratice with. It will only cycle on HV ammo, which is exactly what is printed on the slide. The slide stop also wears easily. Sig said it was normal. See picture. Otherwise it's fun and very easy to shoot.
The slide is made out of aluminum if I remember right and the slide that was on mine after a few thousand rounds almost didnt catch anymore because it had wore pretty smooth. It was still a great gun and really fun.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Trimmy is correct, the slide is aluminum which bothered me some when shopping last year for one for my grandson. But all the rimfire 1911's seem to be that way and the SIG-GSG version seemed the best built and equipped for reasonable money that I could find. I had to teach him not to drop the slide using the release lever and to take the pressure off the catch by holding the slide before closing it so the notch would last. I like the thing (I generally like .22's and own a batch myself) but always wonder about that tea-cup beavertail; it's like nothing I've ever seen on any centerfire 1911!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'll call it art... :) You have a Tac AND a Tac II? What calibers? BTW, do you like your Smiths? They feel funny to me...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll call it art... :) You have a Tac AND a Tac II? What calibers? BTW, do you like your Smiths? They feel funny to me...
Both Tacs are 9mm. I love the 22cal M&P. I think I may even like the 22 more than the 9mm. However - for plastic (errr polymer) guns, I think they are pretty good. I think I'm just spoiled by those skinny 1911 grips and all that percision (but loose?) heavy metal cycling in your hand.... I just love the way the 1911 talks to you when you take her out for a spin.

You know I was just thinking this evening, while listenng o my daughters HS band concert, the old Suzuki Intruder 1400 (had 2 of them) is like the 1911 of motorcycles. Wasp waisted, all metal, air cooled, clean design, very capable if you know how to treat her, is the 1911 of motorcycles. I was thinking I should buy another Intruder and have 1911 painted on the rear fender. Just came to me out of no where. Think I'm going to search cycle trader.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts