1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a stiff or reinforced 1 1/2" trouser belt. Specifically I will be wearing a Ky-Tac Sooperhooper with a Kimber custom and a PO P16-40 during IDPA competition. I've seen them advertised but can't remember the web site. Anyone have any reccomendations? Thanks in advance.

------------------

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
Milt Sparks, Rafter S Gunleather and Waldon Holster Company all make good, strong gunbelts in the 1 1/2" width.
----------------
Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

[This message has been edited by KSLawman (edited 08-26-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
All of the above-mentioned choices are good ones. You might also consider the Wilderness Instructor belt, which is available in a 1.5" width model. The 5-stitch models are plenty stiff for gunbelt use, but they also offer a reinforced "combat shooters" model too. www.thewilderness.com

The pro shop at Gunsite www.gunsite.com and Milt Sparks holsters normally stock these too.

Rosco

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you want to go the cheap route, Carhart makes belts for about $20 and these are sold at stores with Carhart clothing. I found a 1 1/2" plain black belt for $16.95.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Dear FL, We have what you're looking for at Concealed Carry Clothiers ( www.concealedcarry.com ). The casual model is the one you'll want. Oh by the way...David Elderton, who made your holster, competes with this same model belt. Stay safe, Gary

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the input gentlemen.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I done use clothesline to hold up these here pants....don't much figure that would help with a gun though..

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you are using it for competition only, then get an "Instructor Belt", "The Wilderness", from Tactical Products via the Dillon web site. It is available in 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 & the best I have every found. You can scour the belt racks at WalMart & often find a stiff enough bargin for $12-15 - bring your ruler to measure width.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by Chico:
If you are using it for competition only, then get an "Instructor Belt", "The Wilderness", from Tactical Products via the Dillon web site. It is available in 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 & the best I have every found.
I second that....I use mine in IDPA. You want a good stiff belt, that is the one. I use mine with a Bladetech and Uncle Mike's kydex holster.

Good shooting!
Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use a 5 stitch Wilderness Instructor belt with my Braveheart holster and a leather belt with my summer special.I personally don't think Kydex and leather look good together.On the other hand...My Instructor belt gets worn even as a regular belt when I don't carry.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The Wilderness Instructor Belt is number one, hands down. I've been wearing the 1-3/4" 5-stitch model everyday for a year now. It works. Great for carrying your 1911, spare mags, multi-tool, and of course, a cell phone. I recently traveled out to Pheonix and was able to vitsit the Wilderness. Great shop manned by great people. Owner Ralph Holzaus is quite the gentleman, and literally a genius in nylon gear.

They also make the best sling for a carbine or shotgun I have used, the Giles sling. I own slings, belts, bags, and holsters from them. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH WILDERNESS PRODUCTS!!!

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
I shoot IDPA with a Wilderness Instructors Belt, Combat shooters model.Off the range I use a Leather reinforced belt made by FIST holsters

·
Registered
690 Posts
I got a cheap belt from Cabela's for IPSC. It was about $20 and I really like it. If I wasn't so cheap I would have bought one of the ones listed above, I better their better. Max

[This message has been edited by Maxthemutt (edited 09-02-2001).]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts