1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good belt for CCW. I've never bought a belt specifically for this purpose and don't have a good idea on where to go. I don't mind spending some $$ as I want to buy a quality product that will last me. The gun is a kimber 1911 and my main holster will be a M S summer special II and secondarily a Blackhawk CQC Check-Six. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Would help to know how casual or dressed you are when you carrying. For dress to business casual it is hard to beat an Alessi belt.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Have you tried The Beltman? I've also had good luck picking up closeouts on fleabay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have a shark belt from beltman and a rock steady from high noon holsters.Also have a Liger gun belt.All three do the job well,Ligers cheapest,rock steady is just what the name says and shark is good looking.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've had 2 belts from Dillon (the reloading guys...). They are thick, strong and last forever. The one I'm wearing at the moment must be 7 or 8 yrs old. Still in good shape. Sometimes they may be a bit thick for the loops on some holsters, but other than that I think they are a great value.

·
Registered
5 Posts
gun belt

Do a search for belts and that should give you plenty of reading.
The belt man(which is what I am wearing no and think it is great, very stiff. Which is my first "stiff" belt and I like it much more for everyday wear then a normal belt)
Rafter S
Any of the custom holster makers.
I like the 1.5" that I am wearing but also bought a 1.5" discontinued brown lizard skin belt from the beltman, which would work very good as a dress belt. Not nearly as stiff as my 1.5" horse hide, but still much stiffer then a "normal" belt. I will be ordering other belts from the belt man as he was great to deal with, oly took about 3 weeks to get it, and I really like them.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I like the RafterS belts, and the sharkskin belts are very nice and reasonable priced. Since some of my dress pants will not take a 1.5 inch belt, I use the 1.25, and have not had any difficulty carrying a steel 1911 compact.
Give them a look. http://www.raftersgunleather.com/Belts.htm

Any of the holster makers can provide excellent belts, but I do not know the leadtime.

Best,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Well, 444Matt, my favorite belt is a Del Fatti, but I cannot recommend ordering one as the wait time is over two years for new orders (that's for holsters -- belts might have a shorter delivery time)...

I would Google the net for a dealer who may stock Del Fatti products. Since the belt is the cornerstone of your carry rig, DON"T skimp here. Get the best you can afford and LISTEN to the fellows on this website -- they've been there, done that; their cumulative knowledge and experience will not only save you money, time, and frustration, but you'll end up with a belt that will last a lifetime & look good along the way...good luck

ColtM1911A1

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
I've got to put in my vote for the Beltman. His stuff is great. I've worn one of his belts almost daily for over a year now, it has held up beautifully. I like it so much I just ordered another one in a different color.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a belt man black w/black buckle on order now, eagerly awaiting it. I don't need anything fancy, just something to hold the gun. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the Model 99 Safariland buckleless velcro belt.
It is 1.5" wide and comes in black,plain or basketweave.
It is infinitely adjustable for waist size and can worn with jeans or dress trousers.
Also,it's available from Galls or other police supply places without a lengthy wait.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Does anyone like the belts sold at Midway? They are made by Bianchi, they are about 40 bucks and advertised as double thickness. Sold as a dress belt.

Midway also sells holster belts from Blackhawk in the 1.5 inch size.

might be a good idea to look at Midway's website.

·
Registered
897 Posts
+1 for The Beltman. I have three:

1-1/4" maroon

1-1/2" black w/ silver buckle

1-1/2" elephant hide in "cognac", with gold buckle.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Me too

Ooh, the things I learn here. I just ordered a shark belt from the Beltman also. I was just wondering about a gun belt so came here for the info.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I got my order from Milt Sparks about two weeks ago. I got three holsters and two belts, two mag carriers. I can only say that
when the people on this list advise to get a Gun Belt they know
what they are talking about. I got a 1 1/2" Milt sparks belt with
the basket stamping as well as the basket stamp on a 200 AW in
cordovan. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS for measurements. I also
got a belt plain but two inches less in length.... It's going to be my
son-in-laws birthday present it's a 34" I require a 36" by MS
standards or measurements. The double thickness is great as it is
glued together and then stitched on each edge.

Next order I'll get a 1 1/4" in black and a holster for something smaller
than a 1911. They also make a nice belt holder for a tactical light and
other things yah gotta consider the more stuff you put on a belt - hey the
next one will be a 38"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts