1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
http://www.starlightcases.com/

If they weren't some of the best cases, the U.S. Military wouldn't have used them in Desert Storm.

However, a nice SKB or Pelican case with a "Yamaha" sticker on it doesn't do bad either...

------------------
GO ARMY!!!
BEAT NAVY!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I second Starlite...

I got a rifle case from them you can drive a truck over...
totally air tight too.
You can burp the suckers.
Good prices too.

jmo

Stocky

------------------
Anyone who isn't a paranoid schizophrenic now-a-days, just isn't thinking clearly!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I don't know the other products mentioned above, but we have been really happy with Pelican cases. I checked the Starlight site and their stuff looks good.

I have to disagree with the suggestion that if the military used them that they must be the best. They may be the best, but the military has selected a lot of crap for its people over the years and often has been forced to make decisions that are based more on budgets than practicality, usefulness, or product longevity. Remember, the military was responsible for sending soldiers into Vietnam with a new M-16 that was so revolutionary as to be 'self cleaning' and so they didn't send cleaning kits with the guns. Needless to say, they were not self cleaning and the field tests in Vietnam resulted in a lot of GIs being killed because the original product was not up to the job, fouled easily, and GIs were often left with a gun that would not fire, also called a stick. Improvements were made. The point here is simply that the military does not always go with the best product.

[This message has been edited by Double Naught Spy (edited 09-16-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts