1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,714 Posts
It bugs me to no end!!
Guns that look like toys are sometimes treated as such! Especially the pink stuff....C'mon man! Cops cant take the chance!!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I think you were far too nice with your KelTec description. I'd say "when innovation far exceeds design, manufacturing, and quality control." A Binelli M4 has about 1/10th of the parts compared to a KSG. Which would you rather have, in spite of the price difference. I've had 3 KelTecs. All 3 broke, or failed, or cracked and were sold off at a big loss.
It required 3 for you to learn your lesson? It only took me 2 tries with taurus to realize they were junk.

In all fairness I am on my 3rd marriage so I guess I can give you a pass on the kel-tecs. :)

·
Administrator
72,393 Posts
Don't know how I missed this yesterday. Good stuff, especially the one about Remington.

My submission:

Uberti: Old West heritage, Old West metallurgy.

Windham Weaponry: We'll shoot the next SOB who tries to buy us out.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Les Baer: "get off my lawn!"
For some reason, I can picture Ed Brown saying that, lol.

Here's some others to add:

Norinco: The only Chinese products gun nuts brag about owning.

CZ: Eastern bloc guns built to western standards.

Weatherby: Your shoulder will hate you as much as your wallet.

AMT:Our 7 inch 1911s, 30 carbine and 22 WMR autoloaders, and other fun novelties are great...when they work.

High Standard: Remember all those nice guns wearing our name that made us famous? We don't build any of them today.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
It required 3 for you to learn your lesson? It only took me 2 tries with taurus to realize they were junk.

In all fairness I am on my 3rd marriage so I guess I can give you a pass on the kel-tecs. :)
Yeah, I'm a slow learner. I had a friend talk me into a third one a few years after I had the first two. It wasn't any better than the other two. Marriage isn't easy either, but I've been with my current wife for 24 years. My ex-wife, my first, on the other hand, is getting ready for marriage number 5. She'll be an ace.

·
Administrator
72,393 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
And I don't necessarily think my ex-wife is crazy. As any of us married people know, it's not the easiest of relationships to maintain. My guns are much more understanding of my faults. They don't argue with me, and they don't whine or complain. They're like good buddies, only I can protect myself with them, where my buddies might find a compelling reason to not be in the fight.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Kimber: the gun you love to hate.
I think the Kimber hate comes from the Ron Cohen takeover. The current Kimbers seem decent, but I think there may have been some issues that occurred from Cohen's attempted cost cutting measures. The same can be said about Sig Sauer. However Cohen has done far less damage to the reputation of companies than the "Freedom Group" that Cerberus created.

I've heard Cerberus no longer has full control over Remington and it's acquired sister companies, but after witnessing some recent Lemons, the non-existent quality control of the Cerberus days remains with the current management.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
It bugs me to no end!!
Guns that look like toys are sometimes treated as such! Especially the pink stuff....C'mon man! Cops cant take the chance!!
Hmm, back in my youth, I bet most guys would rather have taken a pinata bat to the nuts than carry a pink gun. :eek::hrm:

"Yes, Officer. The perpetrator assaulted me with Pepto Bismol colored firearm. And no, I swear to you, I haven't had anything to drink." :p

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
Hmm, back in my youth, I bet most guys would rather have taken a pinata bat to the nuts than carry a pink gun. :eek::hrm:

"Yes, Officer. The perpetrator assaulted me with Pepto Bismol colored firearm. And no, I swear to you, I haven't had anything to drink." :p
I'm pretty sure that the pink colored firearms are some sort of "theft deterrent" device because no self-respecting criminal or thug would steal one much less carry one!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the pink colored firearms are some sort of "theft deterrent" device because no self-respecting criminal or thug would steal one much less carry one!
Friend of mine only puts out pink Bic lighters when there's company. no one steals pink lighters.

I quit smokin' 12 years ago, and I STILL go to his house, and come back with a black or blue lighter in my pocket... but not the pinks.

As for gunmakers, summarized: Henry: Made in America because there's no good reason NOT to.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Rock Island Armory: We're Sofa King cheap but our customer service is so free kin awesome you won't mind the parts breakages.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,714 Posts
One thing is for sure....they won’t make it onto the ban list because they aren’t black or FDE!

41 - 60 of 100 Posts