1911Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you for the compliments about my country. All together the way to obtain a firearm is not an easy one but on the other side we can still acquire it and the law abiding citizen will have no problem to get it. Just some patience.
Oh forgot to tell, the one with fall seams not possible. Neither the army or the police uses FAL's anymore. The army has only a few FNC's left and is changing to SCAR. Handgun is the N Five-seven.

Police, exempt SWAT teams, carry the S&W MP in 9mm. Only a few are happy with that. As a collective arms we have the P90, HK and some old UZI's.

.45, is not so unknown in Belgium. For me is the one and only. But the ammo is expensive compared to the 45.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I served at SHAPE from 91 to 94 and took a couple of long guns with me...I remember having to register them at the Gendarmerie station, but that was about it...
It was a cool country back then...Great scenery, food beverage and culture...I still have friends that live and visit...As I understand it, the immigrant influx (primarily from the middle east) has really soiled the country...I would like to go back someday, but there are other destinations that I would rather visit on my list...
The nice thing about Belgium is that you can travel through it when visiting France, Germany, Luxembourg and Holland, and see most of the significant sites while passing through...
Our gunlaws have nothing to do with immigration. it is because the majority of the population is not found of arms in private possession. They see recreational shooters as a danger

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Its probably better than California. In California not only have you got restrictive gun laws, but you have high crime and lawlessness in some of the major urban areas. Places where law abiding citizens truly need to be armed.
The major crimes are not so high, Belgium is still a safe place to live. They where published some articles in US press that were not correct. Police still has everything under control.

·
Registered
719 Posts
You made some points there but the average citizen here has another idee and they don't like arms .It is what it is and will not become better.
History has a way of repeating itself. As I recall at the outbreak of WW2 and England was looking at being invaded the civilians had very little in the way of arms a call was made to American gun owners to help out the NRA helped in this effort and lots of private gun owners sent arms to help out. People who cannot defend themselves are easily defeated. As We The People of the USA stand strong in defense of our Second Amendment Rights I think any country would think long and hard about millions of Americans armed and ready to defend this land.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
And yet your known for producing some of the worlds finest firearms at one time?
That is true, but the firearms fabrication has for a great part left belgium because of the very strict export limitations. Even a lot of FN arms are made outside Belgium

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
I enjoyed my visits to Belgium … mostly in Lokeren, where there’s a large industrial park.

Nice hotel, great dinners, good people. Good rail service.

But expensive…Glad I wasn’t the one footing the bill.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You made some points there but the average citizen here has another idee and they don't like arms .It is what it is and will not become better.
But that is SOLELY due to state propaganda (education and media).

Every man appreciates a fine tool and weapons are tools. This is especially true about weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wanted to go to the Formula One race but it’s so expensive now...

Me and Eau Rouge will see each other soon I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts