1911Forum banner

Gun laws verses dope laws.

869 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Boge
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Obama appointed Judge?

Grumpy
HB0085T
You can read it here. Truly Agreed
Sign of the times. The red and blue states no longer want to work together to solve anything and couldn't care less what the Federal government thinks. We're seeing it with gun laws, dope laws, and abortion laws. Just like here in WA, for example. The leftists here have told the feds to pound sand and not interfere with the "right" to abortion, weed, and living in this country illegally, while at the same time saying they have a right to ignore the Second Amendment and require a state-mandated permission slip to buy a gun.
Reactions: 1
Well since USMM had to use the words "Dope" and "Guns Laws" in the title, I came across an article today that fits right in.

A Florida Highway Trooper addicted to Oxycodone because of back surgery got busted for buying 'black-market' Oxycodone and charged for being an unlawful user or addict of controlled substances in possession of a firearm by the FBI. It's like wow... okay, they know how to combine the two... firearm ownership and a controlled substance. Originally he had 43 legit prescriptions but apparently turned to a illegal source after becoming addicted.

I've heard of this issue before where people have a legit medical issue and are prescribed Oxycodone legitimately by a doctor and they get hooked... and their life gets eff'ed up really good. This guy had a 22 year career and was once named Trooper of the year.

Regardless, the paradox does exist in that if guns are inanimate objects that cause no harm unless wielded in a criminal manner then surely narcotics are inanimate objects as well and only cause harm when used irresponsibly, no?

:unsure:

I am no "pro-doper", but I cannot argue with the logic of the argument.
Regardless, the paradox does exist in that if guns are inanimate objects that cause no harm unless wielded in a criminal manner then surely narcotics are inanimate objects as well and only cause harm when used irresponsibly, no?

Well I am no pro doper either. But as far as I am concerned I think that they should just legalize all of that stuff and that problem would sort itself out pretty quick. The argument might be if there really is one, is that selective enforcement of any laws on the federal or other level is totally bogus. My point in the original post was just to point out the hypocrisy of it. The federal government turning a blind eye to states ignoring federal narcotics statutes while vigorously going after any state that chooses to subvert federal firearms laws.
Reactions: 1

One cannot ingest a firearm.
One cannot get substance addicted to a firearm.
Drugs make people stupid, and a burden to the rest of society.
Firearms allow for a free society.
One cannot ingest a firearm.
One cannot get substance addicted to a firearm.
Drugs make people stupid, and a burden to the rest of society.
Firearms allow for a free society.
Everything you have described are what people do with these items and not the inverse. Don't miss the forest for the trees here.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts