1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Make a 340 J frame that has no lock and only the strongest metal parts. No excuses, no failures. I'd buy that.

The M&P semi autos are very good. But they need higher quality sights. And get rid of all the lettering and ugly on their guns. Just make a clean slide, not a slide that says S&W in 12 places. More aggressive grips on the entire frame not just the back strap. Close, but no cigar.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Do you want all your firearms to be made in Austria or Japan from now on?
As long as the shotguns are made in Italy...why are we equating patriotism with buying American? Am I suspect for owning a Glock instead of an M&P? What happened then to "get the tool that works for you" when it comes to firearms? What if the one that works for me is Austrian?

·
Registered
47 Posts
the thing that pisses me off about s&w is that they bought Thompson Center and buried the contender and encore line .

they might still be on their www but they are long gone as far as anything coming out of the factory .

f*** em .

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Wow. We've got guys on here who will never buy a Smith & Wesson, or a Colt, or a Ruger... or a Remington, Marlin, Mossberg, Bushmaster, etc...

What ever happened to the stereotype of gun owners being a patriotic bunch? Do you want all your firearms to be made in Austria or Japan from now on?
If S&W made ANYTHING that I felt was a quality product, I would buy it. Nothing in their product line is better than anything it competes with. Just on par or below.

They are like the Chevy of the gun world. They are an iconic American brand that makes a lot of boring products.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
If S&W made ANYTHING that I felt was a quality product, I would buy it. Nothing in their product line is better than anything it competes with. Just on par or below.

They are like the Chevy of the gun world. They are an iconic American brand that makes a lot of boring products.
From your mouth to God's ears...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree, the 3rd gen auto's are fine guns. I own 4 and am now trying to find a 3rd Gen 1006, 10mm. They cut their throat when they dropped the 3rd gen lineup

hoku

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I don't think S&W is the only firearms manufacturing that will see a drop in sales. The last couple of years sales have been through the roof.
Many manufacturers are now offering rebates and special promotions, reason being is a slow down in sales. I don't think S&W is going anywhere soon.
Never fear. The democrats will resume their gun-grabbing shenanigans and stir up another round of panic buying soon enough.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I liked their revolvers in ss but have been into auto's for years now. I bought their 1911PC which is a very accurate gun and looks great. Also bought their M&P CORE only because of being able to mount a red dot on the slide without sending it to a smith. The rest of their black auto are nothing to look at as for me. Give me a SIg, STI, H&K, CZ those are the guns for me.......... :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Well, I think everbody oughta spend his own money what whatever blows his dress up or makes his heart thump. I don't know a single firearms manufacturer that was perfect with every product they turned out, and even if they were, some folks wouldn't like 'em or buy 'em. And that's our individual privilege. S&W makes some products I like and some I don't care for. But I sure do like the ones I like.

What roasts my goat is why folks are still holding the present day S&W liable for the concession a totally different set of owners made. Yeah, they are still making most of their revolvers with the trigger lock, but most other firearms have some sort of "safety" lock now that they didn't used to have. Why don't you quit buying those brands?

It's anyone's privilege to chose what they spend their money for. And it's OK to express your opinion about what you don't like. But writing off the complete inventory for something found on a great many other brands seems kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face to me. I know a lot of you don't agree with me, and that's OK. But like you, I'll spend my money for what I want. But I'll also try not to insult you if you buy something I don't personally like. I really hate to see any firearms related manufacturer go out of business, but many have over the years and many will continue to do so. It's the nature of business. But doing business in today's climate is a pretty steep hill to climb, and if we don't all get together and support ALL those who make and sell and use firearms, and if we don't hold our "representatives" feet to the fire by turning them out on the street if they don't simply respect and support and enforce the Constitution of our Country across the board, then we deserve what we get.

·
Administrator
73,386 Posts
I agree, the 3rd gen auto's are fine guns. I own 4 and am now trying to find a 3rd Gen 1006, 10mm. They cut their throat when they dropped the 3rd gen lineup

hoku
I agree they were great weapons as well, but it seems every time somebody says "I wish they'd bring 'em back" they seem unwilling to pay what they would have to sell for if they were being made once again. The reason why the 3rd generation pistols were discontinued wasn't because they were bad guns; quite the contrary. They were discontinued because like most all-metal handgun designs they were at a huge price/cost disadvantage going up against the polymer-framed competition, especially in the LE market.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I just purchased my first SW this past weekend. After shooting it today, I definitely am enamored with it. If others want to leave them on the shelves, I'll gladly buy them. Already saving for another revolver or 2 from them, but I'll pass on the polyguns. Their fancy PC 1911 with orange grips has my name on it too....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I still buy their older revolvers,never have been fond of their autos and don't need a gun with a key.(can't even keep up with my truck keys)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I absolutely love their revolvers, wouldn't mind having one of each. I have a Sheild 9 and love it too, but don't want any of the rest of their lineup.

·
Premium Member
14,685 Posts
gun peeples is the funniest peeples

we hate Glocks
we hate S&W
we hate Springer
we hate Kimber
we hate Colt
we hate Sig
we hate Philippine guns
we hate Beretta
we hate 1911s (well, the other non 1911 forum fanboys do)
we hate poly guns
WE HATE MIM!!!

boy oh boy, we're a hateful bunch ain't we....:p

..L.T.A.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I absolutely love their revolvers, wouldn't mind having one of each. I have a Sheild 9 and love it too, but don't want any of the rest of their lineup.
I think their M&P Shield series is also a winner. I have the Shield in .40 S&W and I put Truglo sights on it and I love that gun. It's nice and flat, good capacity 7+1 and accurate. It replaced my Kahr PM40 which cost twice as much, had less capacity 5+1, and was very problematic and finicky with ammo.

The prices for the Shields have dropped. I think you can pick them up for about $360.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Well it damn sure isn't because of me! I've bought three M&P's in the last 6 months. I'm probably going to end up going broke trying to outfit them all with Apex triggers, holsters, a RMR, etc.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Gee I remember so many saying they would never buy a S&W when the British own S&W.
I have many older Smith & Wesson, the classics and one with the lock (Which I removed and installed the plug.) A Smith is a Smith and they are great guns. I have S&W's, Ruger's, Colts and Springfield's. Also Bushmasters and Remington shotguns and one Glock. I am a happy gun owner. So drop the frowns and put on your happy faces...you live in America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. and cut the crap.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I "read" the article a little differently.

Sales are down because gun companies were selling an "insane" amount firearms to a panic stricken "public"...way more than normal.

Back to normal now...perhaps.

However, they are taking on too much debt buying another company.
And, worse, they based their projections/sales and "profits" to buy the company on the "insane" levels.

This is similar to "one of us" buying a much bigger house because we received a huge one-time bonus and interest rates are low.
But...no bonus this year and who knows year to year.....

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
My fifth new production S&W revolver is on layaway now.

The "Hilary hole" is a $30 fix with "the plug" and the MIM trigger components have been proven durable for decades. People won't buy them on principal but most people don't know or care.

The Sport is a best selling AR-15 and the M&P-10 is a popular choice among hunters choosing a sporting rifle. M&P15-22's are also brisk sellers hampered only by prices and availability of ammo. Those that won't Glock often default to an M&P pistol. The Sheild especially is enjoying brisk sales and is wildly popular. The Airweight revolvers seem to be as popular now as ever.

Sales have stabilized to normal levels since the last panic.

Nothing to see here, me thinks.

Someone mentioned 327...who does that anymore as a manufacturer? That cartridge has fizzled.

I love:
Remington
CZ
Colt
S&W
Ruger

and though I don't own any admire
H&K
Sig
Springfield Armory
Beretta
Browning
Benelli
FN
Glock
NAA
Savage

Most manufacturers have something I like.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.