1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
I have been a member of GOA for many years and they are one of the best organizations I have come across. There are many other good groups but I really like the GOA email alerts you can sign up for. When certain state or federal legislation comes up they send me a email and I go to their website to sign an email that is then sent to different legislators depending on what is up for a vote. They also send out post card to mail to law makers.

You do not have to be a member to sign up for their email alerts but membership is only $25.00.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I read somewhere that while Congress is in session a Senator can not be arrested or charged with a crime thanks to a law that Congress passed to exempt itself. I believe that the only crimes that are nor covered by this law are treason, sedition, murder, maybe a couple more "biggies". So based on this doubt Schumer will suffer any consequences.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
I read somewhere that while Congress is in session a Senator can not be arrested or charged with a crime thanks to a law that Congress passed to exempt itself. I believe that the only crimes that are nor covered by this law are treason, sedition, murder, maybe a couple more "biggies". So based on this doubt Schumer will suffer any consequences.
I think that applies only while they inside the Capitol in chambers and they can say anything they want. It does not cover them out in public or on the steps of the Supreme Court.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Way to go, GOA!!! :D

Makes me proud to be a member! Schumer can go {expletive} himself! :rock:

·
Registered
736 Posts
That's why I am a member. This is what I pay for! I'm going to send them a check for a job well done.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Censure in the Senate would be great.

Only takes 51 votes....If they have the courage to do it.

Fact is they are all the same political animal.

Would be nice if the GOP were to finally grow a set, stick together and nail that life long leach.

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
As far as I can tell, censure means absolutely nothing. It's just a way of saying "Congress condemns this action." Big deal.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
We need to realize that turning the other cheek has gotten us absolutely nowhere. Worse than nowhere, actually. If we've learned nothing else from the President, at least learn this one lesson.
L.
Too many GOP politicians try to take the "moral high ground" in an attempt to get the old church lady vote. The GOP needs to realize old church ladies aren't immortal, and don't represent the majority of the voting populace. We don't need another Bush, We need another Trump. Trump has not been perfect, but he has done enough other good things to pull the GOP out of the abyss it was falling into. The fact Romney was the nominee at one point really showed how far the GOP had fallen before Trump came along.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
..........The fact Romney was the nominee at one point really showed how far the GOP had fallen before Trump came along.

You left out McCain. :barf:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I believe that applies only to misdemeanors and not felonies. Plus nobody is talking about arresting him anyway. Yet.

·
Registered
758 Posts
GOA's getting a nice Colonial-themed check from me for this.

See, even tho I'm a member of both NRA and GOA, it doesn't escape me who calls me for money...

...and who does things without me asking.

Gee, who will I be more willing to fork over to the money equivalent of a few boxes of 30-06? Hrmmm..

21 - 40 of 41 Posts