1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
PS. There is a gun shop in Athens GA if you ever find yourself there. I don't recall the name but it is close to the mall. It is not hard to find. It is the first shop that I ever went to where there were at least 8 Colt products for sale (new). Plus a few used ones. And about every type of tupperware hardware you could want as well. Someone help me out with the name. It is a great shop. And it's even open on Sundays.

Rob

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
Columbia Gun Shops really really suck.

Shooters choice is the best. Lost of stuff, decent range. Lots of attitude and mediocre pricing, but they are one of the only games in town.
They DO NOT do special orders or dealer transfers. period.

Wateree Arms on 378 in hopkins, about 5 miles from the VA hospital has a nice selection of higher end, brand name guns including Baer and Wilson.
Nicer staff, average prices. Smaller selection. No range.

Lawmens safety and Palmetto occasionally have some police trade-ins, but most often have a small selection of "police type" guns and supplies.

I do all of my special orders through [email protected] Lake Murray hardware and outdoors in Irmo/Ballentine. He is a great guy, does dealer/individual transfers gladly for a nominal fee and will special order for 10% over cost. Did I say he was really nice, helpful guy? You can get your propane tank or buy weed killer while you are there too (fully stocked hardware store). Lousy gun selection but he is 10 minutes from Ellet Brothers, worlds largest gun distributor and will pick stuff up on his lunch break. That saves you a hefty shipping charge.

There is a reason why there is a gun show here every 3 months. The local stores are really bad. Augusta, 1 hour away, has much better gun shops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.